Customer Service 866.965.0400

2013 Audi A4 S Line

BRZN

I wasn’t planning on a write up with this car and didn’t take many pictures to do before and afters, but it’s early and I have nothing better to do right now. So, here you go…

A month/six weeks ago a neighbor asked if I’d detail her 9,400 mile, 2013 Audi A4

IMG_6642resize_zpse3dd2c5e.jpg

S Line

IMG_6644resize_zps63a0f8ab.jpg

Quattro

IMG_6640resize_zps59a1eea6.jpg

I said sure, gave her my rate of $12/hr, and made arrangements to get the car while she and her husband went away for their 25th wedding anniversary.

Saturday, a week ago, I had her stop by with the car so I could look it over with her and discuss what she wanted done, as well as the time it would take me to perform the work. She washes the car almost weekly, and it has seen the local drive through car wash a time or two.

Well, reality set in as we walked around the car and talked. It has RIDS all over it, with many deeper scratches, scuffs, marring and water etching.

Here's a few:

IMG_6643resize_zpsc4ea81cf.jpg

IMG_6647resize_zps9ec74ed6.jpg

IMG_6646resize_zpsed3420df.jpg

She’d not noticed them, or was complacent about them, they didn’t seem to bother her and upwards of $300 for me to detail the vehicle with a full paint correction wasn’t in her planned budget. We settled on a thorough wash inside and out, clay bar and Liquid Paint Sealant as the protection. It’s a neighbor, and I quoted her $100. I figured it’d be a $125 job, but a first timer could become repeat business, so I’d eat $25 of my time.

I received the car Monday evening and worked on it for a couple/few hours each evening. Since they were gone I put my GTO in their garage and kept her car here at the house.

Evening One:

I pulled it in the garage

photoresize_zps6b1537d8.jpg

Floor, Mats and Trunk Vacuumed

Seats, Dash, Door Panels, Other Plastics Wiped Down with Total Interior Detailer

Interior Glass Cleaned

Evening Two:

Wheels, including Rear Barrels Cleaned with Deep Wheel Cleaner and Wheel Faces Sealed with Aerosol Quick Sealant

Brake Calipers Cleaned

Tires Scrubbed with All Purpose Cleaner and Dressed with Tire Shine

Inner Fenders Scrubbed and Dressed with Undercarriage Spray Dressing

Top of Engine Cleaned, Including Painted Areas Under Hood and Tops of Inner Fenders

I’d planned on polishing the exhaust tips, thought they were covered in soot.

IMG_6648resize_zpsd1dcc018.jpg

Nope, they’re actually flat black.

Evening Three:

To start, this is a good 30 footer

IMG_6639resize_zps0673f298.jpg

Exterior thoroughly Cleaned, and Stripped of any Previous Waxes or Sealants using 4oz APC along with 2oz Car Shampoo

All Door Jambs Cleaned, Including Painted Areas Under Trunk Lid. I don’t believe she’d been cleaning these areas herself. Also inside her gas cap flap, cleaned in there where she obviously hadn't been.

Dried with my Master Blaster

Clay Barred to remove Embedded Contaminants from the Paint and Exterior Glass. This car didn’t need the baggie test; it was extremely rough to the touch with just my bare hand. I completely trashed a 100 gram bar of Adam’s Clay.

Evening Four:

Vehicle Exterior Protected using a Combination of Aerosol Quick Sealant and Liquid Paint Sealant

Door Jambs also received Aerosol Quick Sealant

All Exterior Glass Cleaned

Glass Sealant was Applied to the Windshield

Exterior Black Plastics Dressed with SVRT, including the lower inner fender splash guards

Front and Rear Honeycomb Inserts, and Inside Front Grille, were hit with In & Out Spray

I gave her one freebee. I’m hoping this will help with repeat business and a needed paint correction to this car:

I Performed a Quick, One Step Machine Polishing of her Hood with Paint Correcting Polish and a Microfiber Pad to see how well the Paint would correct; it came out real nice.

After the Correction to the hood I applied Liquid Paint Sealant

then topped that with Brilliant Glaze and finished it off with a coat of Americana Premium Paste Wax.

The car's now a awesome 10 footer!                  

IMG_6649resize_zpsd74cab4b.jpg

IMG_6651resize_zps35d3cbce.jpg

IMG_6652resize_zps40112240.jpg

The piano black of the front grille really came alive with the Quick Sealant and blackening the area behind with In & Out Spray.

IMG_6650resize_zps82ced209.jpg

9.5 hours total, excluding the time to do the correction to the hood.

Edited by BRZN

Nice work Dave! 

I did the main 'high gloss panel' (the hood) for a co-worker today.  It was a 'wash and seal' job, with a clean up of a parking lot scrape.  He stuck around to help, so I threw in the hood.  Now he sees how deep the hood looks and how much work went into it, he may be more likely to go for a full correction next time!