Customer Service 866.965.0400

Express Sealant

I have the QS and LPS. Both work great. However I am talking specifically about a water activated variety express sealant.

I've used them before, but I'd rather take the extra few minutes to use quick sealant as it has about twice the durability.

While I agree with what everyone is saying, the product I have used which will remain nameless saves a ton of time and provides a very good amount of protection. Just a thought. I know people want to go the extra mile, but sometimes you want the best option given less time. I can wash a car with a two bucket wash and add sealant in about the same amount of time it takes to just wash and dry the vehicle.

Edited by Junior

I wouldn't count on Adam's coming out with something like that. The amount of time saved with that compared to Quick Sealant isn't enough to justify a new product

Have you used one of these products? Your comment would make it seem as though you haven't. With the water activated sealants you can seal an entire car in 5-10 minutes. And it happens that my application of one of these sealants is holding up strong after 5 months so far. 

I think it would be a wise choice by Adam's to add one of these products to their line. LPS for extreme durability and a water activated sealant as the quick choice. 

Edited by lax

Have you used one of these products? Your comment would make it seem as though you haven't. With the water activated sealants you can seal an entire car in 5-10 minutes. And it happens that my application of one of these sealants is holding up strong after 5 months so far.

I think it would be a wise choice by Adam's to add one of these products to their line. LPS for extreme durability and a water activated sealant as the quick choice.

I have actually, and I'm not debating that they are fast or that they work well, I have seen both first hand. What I was trying to say, is that Adams recently went through a change where they wanted to cut down the amount of products that they have. So to introduce a water activated sealant, whose purpose is to save time, when they already have something with a similar goal, Quick Sealant, wouldn't make much sense to me.

While yes the water activated sealants are great, I think that quick sealant does fill that niche. The water activated sealants are not as easy to buff off and do not last as long. Quick sealant can also get into more intricate areas such as wheels that the water activated ones would not be able to touch.

If they wanted to go easier, then a spray on pressure wash off would be the best choice since that is significantly faster, however it requires a pressure washer.

While yes the water activated sealants are great, I think that quick sealant does fill that niche. The water activated sealants are not as easy to buff off and do not last as long. Quick sealant can also get into more intricate areas such as wheels that the water activated ones would not be able to touch.

If they wanted to go easier, then a spray on pressure wash off would be the best choice since that is significantly faster, however it requires a pressure washer.

He's talking about the ones you spray on and hose off. Nothing to buff, and a pressure washer really isn't needed.

As Matt said I was speaking about the spray on, hose off sealant where no buffing is required. And I have used it both with a regular hose and a pressure washer (half of car with hose, half with pressure washer) and have noticed no difference in durability or beading so far. And the sealant I speak of seals wheels just as well if not better than Quick Sealant. 

Prior to each road trip I would always treat my bumper with Quick Sealant post wash. I would wash the car, dry it and then treat the front with Quick Sealant, and it was of course relatively quick. Now however, I can wash my car, seal the entire car and dry it faster than just washing and sealing my front bumper with Quick Sealant. Not to mention that this particular sealant also enhances the look of paint, where as Quick Sealant does not. 

I'm in no way bashing Quick Sealant, as it is a great product and I used to use it frequently. However, it is no longer "Quick" when compared to new technologies. 

Only downside to this particular product I speak of is the price, as it is fairly expensive compared to Quick Sealant. However when detailing for $$$, the time savings alone make it worth the extra cost. 

Edited by lax

As Matt said I was speaking about the spray on, hose off sealant where no buffing is required. And I have used it both with a regular hose and a pressure washer (half of car with hose, half with pressure washer) and have noticed no difference in durability or beading so far. And the sealant I speak of seals wheels just as well if not better than Quick Sealant. 

Prior to each road trip I would always treat my bumper with Quick Sealant post wash. I would wash the car, dry it and then treat the front with Quick Sealant, and it was of course relatively quick. Now however, I can wash my car, seal the entire car and dry it faster than just washing and sealing my front bumper with Quick Sealant. Not to mention that this particular sealant also enhances the look of paint, where as Quick Sealant does not. 

I'm in no way bashing Quick Sealant, as it is a great product and I used to use it frequently. However, it is no longer "Quick" when compared to new technologies. 

Only downside to this particular product I speak of is the price, as it is fairly expensive compared to Quick Sealant. However when detailing for $$$, the time savings alone make it worth the extra cost. 

Ahh then yes those are definitely that way to go. The issue for Adams would definitely be price as their main market is enthusiasts, but I am definitely with you on the benefits of those types of sealants.

• 4 months later...