Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick Sealant durability

Fphillips

Question

16 answers to this question

I personally haven't used it but I use another brands Aerosol polymer sealant, and you can get 6 months out of an application on bare paint, more if its maintained with a polymer boosting protection product.

The only thing about the brand that I have on my shelf now is it doesnt give the slick feel, its a bit more "grabby".  But the beading and protection longevity is ridiculous.  I'm using it on door jambs and wheels and get about 2 months out of an application on wheels if not more.  I like the slick feel on my paint so I'm sticking to polymer sealants for paint (liquid traditional polymer sealants and our friends WOWA product)

I've used it on the wife's daily driver to get through the Chicago expressway winter. Put two coats on in November and we were still beading nicely in April. I don't see why two quick coats couldn't get your customers the same 6 months of duarbility.

Thank you Captain Slow. I've used it on my mother in laws and love the slickness and gloss.

Edited by Fphillips

You won't even see it on your tires.  I use the QS on the wheels first and then put Tire Shine on the tires second.  That way, the Tire Shine overspray is easy to wipe off the wheel and also won't interfere with the bond of the QS.

I also tried some QS on my black powder-coated bed cover to see if it makes it easier to keep clean.

I hear that, last weekend I went through an entire can at one time, wheels, trim, all plastics, painted bed cover, tow hooks, hitch receiver...had to open the garage door to let all the fumes out, so I bought a new half-mask painting respirator for next time, figured $21 was worth the cost of saving a few brain cells.