Customer Service 866.965.0400

Buckets

I prefer 5 gallon buckets, more storage space and ability to transport bottles/towels/tools etc when taking them on a trip or a mobile job.

It's really hard in the Adam's wash regimen to get a jumbo wash pad, a regular wash pad, a grit guard, and 3 gallons of water and have some room to stir up the suds without overflowing the bucket.

Used to have a 3.5 Gallon. It was never enough to do larger vehicles without having to refill... It was a pain. The 5 Gallons are so much better. You can fit products in them without removing the grit guard, the extra water means it will stay uncontaminated longer which will help reduce scratching from washing.

• 2 weeks later...

Have both also-- bought yours, kingsford, love it cause it fits on bottom shelf of my detail cart. Use it for cleaning the interior and for cloth storage. Love the first adams generation of the bucket dolly with the rollerblade wheels too . Wonder if the bucket dolly they brought back has them. These little things that they offer made me their customer over the other places! Keep up the good work adams, it makes a difference to your customers!

Have both also-- bought yours, kingsford, love it cause it fits on bottom shelf of my detail cart. Use it for cleaning the interior and for cloth storage. Love the first adams generation of the bucket dolly with the rollerblade wheels too . Wonder if the bucket dolly they brought back has them. These little things that they offer made me their customer over the other places! Keep up the good work adams, it makes a difference to your customers!

The website photo shows the dolly with the red wheels.  I ended up with one dolly with the red wheels and one dolly with the clear wheels, which I think is what you are calling the rollerblade wheels.  Since I fastened the two dollies together with a handle, I needed them to have the same wheels so I ordered some of these and they matched the clear wheels.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009PF8JLI/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20140829_102943.jpg

20140829_101426.jpg

I personally like 3.5's, I do rinseless now and I've never needed even close to 3.5 for a car.  I  mixed up 2 gallons of rinseless solution and have washed 2 cars with still probably enough left to do another car.  

IMAG0130.jpg

While I know the apron around the bucket would fit on a 5 gallon. I've never seen an apron like that for sale by itself. I bought 2 3.5's which came with them. I can easily store all the bottles of stuff I need and with the exception of my Wheel Woolies all my brushes and accessories.  Well if you look real close, next to the Tuf Shine tire scrub brush the smallest Adam's Woolie fits perfectly. The other 2 fit inside, with the lid off of course. And while this won't apply to everyone. When I'm sitting on a bucket that's in a dolly, I find the height of the 3.5's to be so much better for reaching lower on the car. When I'd detail 3-4 cars in a day and roll around on a 5 gallon my back would be much more sore by the end of the day. The grit guard point is pretty good, but I don't use them any more. For my Rinseless I have a grip of towels which get tossed into a used pile so I don't need a grit guard.

To Dan, or anyone who knows. I have the I guess original Bucket Dolly. Would I be able to order those roller blade like wheels Dan linked to and put them on mine? Seems like it would be a big step up for smoothness and speed.

Edited by quebert

To Dan, or anyone who knows. I have the I guess original Bucket Dolly. Would I be able to order those roller blade like wheels Dan linked to and put them on mine? Seems like it would be a big step up for smoothness and speed.

Yes, the wheels I linked on Amazon are a direct replacement, just pop the current ones out and put the new ones on.