Customer Service 866.965.0400

How much do YOU spend?

PT3

Question

So, I just placed another order... In looking at my order history, I'm at almost $500 in less than 3 months. Lol

Keep in mind... I haven't purchased any machines, or polish or wax!

Man, this stiff is addicting. Lol

Curious... What do others spend on Adams for their own personal use?

If Adam's sold a "One of Everything we sell" kit and a "Bunch of extra towels" kit, that's about how much I have spent in the last 2 months alone. (That includes a Cyclo polisher, but not the Flex... yet!)

Including the 5 gallon containers they sell?

Including the 5 gallon containers they sell?

No, haven't purchased any gallons yet.  I guess I forgot about those.  

I knew absolutely nothing about auto detailing and stumbled across Adam's in my search to keep the black BMW shiny about 3 months ago.  I have ADD, so I have a tendency to go all-in when I discover something new, then after a while I get bored and move on.  So, my cars will look really shiny for the next 6 months or so, then I will probably move on to something else to keep myself entertained.

I am a private pilot and flying is my real passion, so most of my disposable income is burned up in the form of 100LL avgas!

Is that for personal use?

All personal use. I pretty much started from scratch. I had bought a machine and polishes from another place before I ever learned about Adam's. I had very lackluster results. Then I found Adams and immediately ordered polishes and pads. Little by little I kept trying more and more products. As my confidence grew in the brand with each product I bought more. Plus as my knowledge grew so did my need to do it right. For example (everyone get ready to cringe) at one time I used an old bucket with whatever old wash cloth and soap I could find. Now I use Adam's 2 bucket wash with Adam's wash pads and Adams shampoo. I eventually learned to buy gallons after a while. Now I keep gallons in about 5 or 6 different products...all Adams.

Also, i have bought several mystery boxes just because it's fun to see what you are going to get.

Just out of curiosity I looked at my order history.  It apparently only goes back to January 2012.  I have been ordering from Adams since the early 2000's.  With what was available it was an average of almost 1k a year.  And that is just personal use.  Here are what the labels looked like when I started using Adams products.  Just refill them. 

post-706-0-42100100-1418523758_thumb.jpg

If I added up all the money I've spend on this hobby over the last 17 +/- years I'd probably have enough to buy a pretty nice car. The way I look at it - if I have to have an addictive hobby at least its something that forces me to get exercise and fresh air, plus it keeps our vehicles looking their best.

I spend a ton on my craft beer/home brewing habit too... that hobby really just adds calories to my diet and everytime I flush the toilet I'll never see the end result of that hobby again. LOL

If I added up all the money I've spend on this hobby over the last 17 +/- years I'd probably have enough to buy a pretty nice car. The way I look at it - if I have to have an addictive hobby at least its something that forces me to get exercise and fresh air, plus it keeps our vehicles looking their best.

I spend a ton on my craft beer/home brewing habit too... that hobby really just adds calories to my diet and everytime I flush the toilet I'll never see the end result of that hobby again. LOL

Nice!  Oh, I'm ALLLL about spending money on hobbies that don't involve sitting in front a TV with a controller in hand... and one that doesn't hurt anyone.  

I was just curious how much hobbyists spend on this stuff for their own PERSONAL use.

I'm at around $500 over the last 3 months...which doesn't include ANY polishing products or machines.  They will come closer to Spring...if I can't find someone to do it for me. lol.

Nice!  Oh, I'm ALLLL about spending money on hobbies that don't involve sitting in front a TV with a controller in hand... and one that doesn't hurt anyone.  

I was just curious how much hobbyists spend on this stuff for their own PERSONAL use.

I'm at around $500 over the last 3 months...which doesn't include ANY polishing products or machines.  They will come closer to Spring...if I can't find someone to do it for me. lol.

You won't regret buying a machine.  You will ask yourself why you waited.

Some people have such an obsession that they may or may not own around 62 shampoos.

They may also have that same obsession with glass cleaners, rinse-less washes and detail sprays/spray waxes.

I don't know any of them personally.....

They were also like this when they saw that there was testing of a new shampoo.... :drool:

Yikes.....  I suddenly feel light headed even thinking about it!  LOL.  Well, 15 years ago I bought a PC, some pads, a mix of some chemicals and spent like $500 or so which I tried to use once, got frustrated, and sold for pennies on the dollar.  I got back into detailng a couple of years ago and have probably spent somewhere between $2-$3K since then.  Of course, much of that was trial and error learning which products I like and which ones I didn't care for.  I do know that I've spent $155 so far in 2015 via the just expired Adams 20% off sale.  :)

Dylan is actually working on a hybrid detail spray / craft beer.

Nice to have a cold beer while detailing, this will handle both aspects! 

Tastes great / more shine  :)

Glad you're back with Adam's, Dylan!

Since my first Adam's order in early 2013, I've invested ~$2.5K via multiple orders that average ~$160/ea.

As others have said, I consider it money well-spent caring for 2-3 daily drivers, in addition to my Shelby, that garners at least a couple Best in Class awards every year.

Edited by Norton

The home brewing can really get crazy. Once I started with a stir plate and beaker for starters it really got out of hand lol. Clean cars is way less costly IMO.