Customer Service 866.965.0400

How much do YOU spend?

PT3

Question

So, I just placed another order... In looking at my order history, I'm at almost $500 in less than 3 months. Lol

Keep in mind... I haven't purchased any machines, or polish or wax!

Man, this stiff is addicting. Lol

Curious... What do others spend on Adams for their own personal use?

So, I just placed another order... In looking at my order history, I'm at almost $500 in less than 3 months. Lol

Keep in mind... I haven't purchased any machines, or polish or wax!

Man, this stiff is addicting. Lol

Curious... What do others spend on Adams for their own personal use?

That nice car deserves every penny....... :burnout:

I won't post my total so far since joining the ranks of the AP Shineoholics in February (as I would likely be audited and/or committed to an asylum), but I will admit that my very first order was $1,335.40 for a customized version of the top Cyclo kit that I called the "Ultra-Ultimate Kit", which was created with the help of our old buddy Nick. :2thumbs:

Over the years I've learned that the amount doesn't matter when I get the results I get. Whether I drive a Vega or a Vette, I want my rides looking the best they can, so I think it's worth every cent. :lancer:

Absolutely!

It's amazing how much I have learned in that time frame. From proper washing techniques to interior detailing. My vehicles have never looked better.

Edited by Antv20

I started out spending a lot to get my collection going. Now I just buy items to replace what I use. I'd have to say about $500 a year. Most of that is at events I attend. I go to Adams booth and all those products just keep calling my name.

Phil, are you looking for a good explanation to give to the wife?  Mine has finally realized that at least I'am not drinking my money, or pissing it away.  Occasionally she may question as to how much a machine or blower cost, but she understands that it is something that I enjoy and she benefits from it too by having a clean ride.

In regards to your question, I really don't know.  It is a lot though.  Enough to where if the wife really knew, my picture would be in the paper.  I was once told that I have more in detailing supplies than people that do it for a living....lol.  Once you get everything purchased it just becomes maintenance as far as having supply and the big purchases taper off significantly.  

Edited by LFairbanks

Believe our average spend per active customer annually is about $430. Certainly, if we offered more trinkets, that number could go up!

I sincerely appreciate every penny of business we earn. Thank you!!

And I spend $500. Finally I'm above average in something.

I spend about $100-$150 per order. And I usually place an order every 3-6 months. I haven't placed an order in the last few months though due to funds being VERY tight. My wife had to stop working earlier this year because she has a terminal illness, Huntington's Disease. Her symptoms have been getting worse, so she is not officially disabled. Her not working has cut our monthly income by almost half.

You will spend a lot the first year. I thought needed everything. Then after doing it for a couple years you realize what you really need.

This.  After the first year or two you'll be consolidating products, making 2 jobs for 1 product (or more), etc.

Hell my Adam's orders are so boring now, refills of glass cleaner, APC, and a set of wash pads, and maybe I'll treat myself to a new brush every now and then, but most of the products I use the quickest are in gallons so I don't "restock as often".

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Phil, are you looking for a good explanation to give to the wife?  Mine has finally realized that at least I'am not drinking my money, or pissing it away.  Occasionally she may question as to how much a machine or blower cost, but she understands that it is something that I enjoy and she benefits from it too by having a clean ride.

In regards to your question, I really don't know.  It is a lot though.  Enough to where if the wife really knew, my picture would be in the paper.  I was once told that I have more in detailing supplies than people that do it for a living....lol.  Once you get everything purchased it just becomes maintenance as far as having supply and the big purchases taper off significantly.

Mine too. She is starting to get into detailing as well. The other day she sent me a pic of her car in the parking lot with how shiney it was compared to the other cars. Made my day.

If Adam's sold a "One of Everything we sell" kit and a "Bunch of extra towels" kit, that's about how much I have spent in the last 2 months alone. (That includes a Cyclo polisher, but not the Flex... yet!)

Edited by gbod

Nope... Just curious. We don't have any issue with spending money on hobbies. For as much as we work, we easily justify it ALL. Lol

Currently researching a new toy to blow off some steam built up from work. Z06 or 911 Turbo or 911 GT3. ; )

Gotta spend money to make money.  Between all my supplies and I bought a new machine this year I'm sure I'm around $700-800 for the year.

I'm specifically asking how much folks are spending for PERSONAL use.

For Pro Detailers... It's just one cost of doing business. So I don't find that to be anything but 'business'.

I'm more just curious as to much some people spend on this as a HOBBY.