Customer Service 866.965.0400

Corvette paint

KBsToy

Question

7 answers to this question

I will say that typically Corvette clear is hard, so if you have any scratches or swirls you will need a machine polisher to get them out. It being white you may be in good shape. I would do the baggie test to see if she needs clayed....then providing you don't have any swirls you can apply sealant or wax or both. Congrats on your Vette!

Well Happy Birthday and congrats on the vette!  We need some pictures!

GM paint/clear is notoriously hard and it may take more time/effort to polish or correct than some other paint out there.

Ricky Bobby & Chris gave some good advice:  the videos here are excellent and will show you basically everything you need to do to achieve an excellent finish on your new Corvette!

Keep us posted!

Edited by Sizzle Chest

I too will say that typically the clear coat on a Corvette is hard, so if you have any scratches or swirls you will need a machine polisher to get them out if they are deep and easily visible. This comes from experience of owning a couple of them from different generations. White or lighter colors tend to show lesser flaws than darker colors, so you may OK there. I too would do the baggie test to see if it needs to be clayed, then providing you don't have any swirls you can apply finishing polish, paint sealant or wax depending upon your planned use of the vehicle, and exposure to the elements. Look on the forums in the detailing section for some of the steps others have used on vehicles, and see if any are close to the condition or shape of the paint on your 2013 by the photos others have posted.