Customer Service 866.965.0400

Deep Wheel cleaner smell

2Fords

Question

Used the deep wheel cleaner for the first time today even though it was raining out ,just wanted to see how it would  work. It did a great job on my chrome wheels on my F250. They must have not been too bad because I really didn't get much purple color change. My main question is ...How do you get the SMELL off your hands! Man that stuff stinks!

19 answers to this question

Nitrile gloves are your friend.

And the smell leaches from the sprayer head as well, days later your garage will still smell slightly.  Just the nature of the beast.

Just be glad it doesn't smell like Sonax Full Effect, Adam's DWC is actually bearable, LOL

^^^Yep!  It is the 'best' smelling heavy duty wheel cleaner out there...that actually performs!!!

You got it man, better spraying because its more liquid (Sonax FE is like a gel I can't stand the way it sprays), cleans just as well, and compared to Iron-X its 25% cheaper per bottle and $40 cheaper per gallon.  No contest!

To be honest, I'm not a fanboy. First product I actually dread using.  I wish Adam would back his old wheel cleaner.  If it smells this bad it can't be good for your wheels clear coat. I'll use up the rest of it and have to find another cleaner.  There is one on the market I do like currently that smells ok and works fine for clear coat wheels.

To be honest, I'm not a fanboy. First product I actually dread using.  I wish Adam would back his old wheel cleaner.  If it smells this bad it can't be good for your wheels clear coat. I'll use up the rest of it and have to find another cleaner.  There is one on the market I do like currently that smells ok and works fine for clear coat wheels.

Not sure what being a fanboy or not has to do with this topic.  And I can't comment on the current wheel cleaner as I don't know the facts about it, but the Deep Wheel Cleaner is an acid free ph balanced cleaner. As safe as you can get for a cleaner that breaks down brake dust and leaves the wheels clean. If I feel I don't need deep wheel cleaner I then just use car shampoo diluted in a spray bottle. Also if you apply some type of sealant to the wheels, works great on clear coated wheels, cleaning them is that much easier and using car shampoo to do so will work excellent.  

The odor comes from the chemical used to brake down the iron deposits. Compared to others adams is really not terrible.mi have tried a few others that were more tolerable with the odor but performance was horrific, I guess due to them limiting the chemical ratio to cover the smell in turn it was watered down. If you dedicate a brush to use with it store it in a outdoor shed and wear gloves it really isn't bad. I do wheels outdoors as I have no shop so this might be a factor for you.