Customer Service 866.965.0400

Wheel Brush Options - whats your opinion?

36 members have voted

1. 1. What wheel brush options do you want?

• I prefer the current long handle design
    • I would like to have a short handle design
    • I'd use BOTH!

In some recent discussions about wheel cleaning the subject of a short handled wheel brush has come up, so feast your eyes on the attached picture. This prototype features the same brush fiber as our current wheel brush, but with a short block handle, the same one used for our tire scrub brush.

So please vote in the included poll and leave your comments in the replies as well. Do you want, need, or even care about a short handled wheel brush?

post-12389-0-44324700-1421091972_thumb.jpg

Considering I already use a short handle Boars Hair Wheel brush I would vote for the red brush to be short handled.  I think the only long brush needed is the fender brush, rarely do you need the reach on the wheel brush when doing engine cleaning that a long handle would provide as well.

An angled short handle (45 degrees) would be even more perfect ergonomically for cleaning wheels.

Considering I already use a short handle Boars Hair Wheel brush I would vote for the red brush to be short handled.  I think the only long brush needed is the fender brush, rarely do you need the reach on the wheel brush when doing engine cleaning that a long handle would provide as well.

An angled short handle (45 degrees) would be even more perfect ergonomically for cleaning wheels.

My thoughts exactly. Easier to control the shorter brush and less chance of my banging the handle on a fender.

Edited by TheBurninator

The long handle bristles seem to last longer than the short handle or at least show less wear.  The long handle also works in the wheel well where my knuckles tell me I can not use the short handle there.    

You must be getting the fender brush confused with the wheel brush

Considering I already use a short handle Boars Hair Wheel brush I would vote for the red brush to be short handled. 

Agreed.  I like the boars hair wheel brush for delicate wheels. 

A short handle is definitely good, but I just can't wrap my head around a nylon brush being safe enough for gloss black wheels.  Maybe I'm wrong.

I will have to agree with you on this.  I have clear coated black wheels on my car.  I ended up picking up a Boars Hair wheel brush as it is softer, to avoid the swirls created by the Mothers wheel brush which is nylon.  The nylon brush works well on any other wheel such as a chrome or silver painted wheel.  I do use the nylon wheel brush to give my tires a good swipe during a wash to keep the tire coating fresh and dirt free until the next application. 

I would definitely try the short one.   I have the long-handled version but did not like the long handle for wheels, so I have been using the short-handled boar's hair, which IMO does not have enough bristle density to be completely effective.  The long-handled wheel brush does work good for my front wells, as they have a lot of nooks and crannies that the softer bristles can get into better than a stiffer fender brush.

20140914_094304.jpg

The mama's brushes I have are restricted to the trashed wheels on the Jeep.  The wheels are too messed up to be worthy of any high-end brush.

• 2 weeks later...