Customer Service 866.965.0400

pH of LIC

SYMAWD

Question

I posted elsewhere that I like Adam's LIC, but someone responded saying it is pretty acidic and I should be careful with it.  Any truth to this?  From my experience it has been 100% safe even at full strength.

9 answers to this question

For comparison I've used 1Z Deep Plastic Cleaner for years and its pH is 11, full strength OPC is 11 as well and I've cut that 3:1 with water for stubborn interior cleaning.  APC is 13 by comparison based on the old MSDS Adam posted a few months back

LIC is def a strong cleaner from what I read although I've never used it.

The pH of leather cleaner is high... which is why I always recommend diluting it for the intended use. If you're scrubbing at something like a denim stain, then go straight out of the bottle, but otherwise go 1:1 or higher depending on the need.

Thank you.

The pH of leather cleaner is high... which is why I always recommend diluting it for the intended use. If you're scrubbing at something like a denim stain, then go straight out of the bottle, but otherwise go 1:1 or higher depending on the need.

Any thoughts of specifying this on the website and/or the bottle?

Another way of "diluting out of the bottle" without diluting the product and using less is to wipe down the seats with a damp MF first, then just use about half the spray amount on the panel/seat.

Having the seat damp with water first will dilute the product on its own and then agitate as usual, and wipe dry with a second dry MF all purpose towel.  Easy.

Hmmmm, I was under the impression that LIC was already diluted for effective yet gentle leather cleaning since it was in a spray bottle ready to use.  Regardless, I've used it straight out of the bottle with the cockpit horsehair brush and never had any issue at all.  I have gotten into the safe habit of spritzing the seat with a bottle of water after I wipe the LIC off and then wiping the water off.  After it all dries I apply leather conditioner.

Hmmmm, I was under the impression that LIC was already diluted for effective yet gentle leather cleaning since it was in a spray bottle ready to use.  Regardless, I've used it straight out of the bottle with the cockpit horsehair brush and never had any issue at all.  I have gotten into the safe habit of spritzing the seat with a bottle of water after I wipe the LIC off and then wiping the water off.  After it all dries I apply leather conditioner.

I have had it partly remove the white markings on the turn signal/wiper stalks.  Now I use TID or diluted LIC for that area.  

I have had it partly remove the white markings on the turn signal/wiper stalks.  Now I use TID or diluted LIC for that area.  

Wow, never heard of that.  Currently I'm using 1Z Deep Plastic Cleaner for a few years now and never had an issue with any interior surface.  And that stuff is RTU out of the bottle.

Another way of "diluting out of the bottle" without diluting the product and using less is to wipe down the seats with a damp MF first, then just use about half the spray amount on the panel/seat.

Having the seat damp with water first will dilute the product on its own and then agitate as usual, and wipe dry with a second dry MF all purpose towel.  Easy.

Wow, I didn't think to do that.....spray with distilled water prior to LIC to cut it down that way.  Thanks!