Customer Service 866.965.0400

Would the new Adam's jumbo plush microfiber towel be a good drying towel?

nls8520

Question

12 answers to this question

They're great towels but I like both actually. The plush towel seems to take a bit more effort to dry your car off but it does so with less passes across your paint

Bingo, key is less passes (less touching).  The jumbo plush is absolutely a great towel for drying paint, I've been using one for over a year now and only use waffle weaves after rinseless washing now.  Plush towels require a different method, you usually lay the towel over the section you are drying and just pat it dry or "blot" to absorb the water, it works remarkably well this way.  If you are trying to dry by just quickly wiping it will not work as well, you need to go slow to allow the fibers to absorb the water via capillary action.  These towels hold a TON of water.

Dries perfect with no streaks, Chris I understand your preference towards waffle weave drying but to post matter-of-factly that using a plush towel is not for drying is misleading.  Some people prefer it and consider it superior to waffle weave towels and I hope Adam's does another run of them soon.

If you're having issues with the GWDT scratching your clear coat due to its softness, try the large plush towel.

No, the new jumbo is for wax, sealant removal & DS wipe down......not for drying.

Well, according to Adam's site, it CAN be used for drying...

"Use it to dry your car after a wash, use it to remove polish residues, use it to wipe your car down with Detail Spray or just use it to impress your friends!"