Customer Service 866.965.0400

DT's First Impressions Review of the NEW Foam Gun and NEW Car Shampoo

Dan@Adams

Question

A lot of friends call me DT and it's just stuck over the years, and I figure there's going to be a lot of threads popping up about these two new products, so I wanted to make a kinda silly thread title for it to stick out :)

Enough mostly pointless introduction...onto the goodies!

It was 43 degrees out today, but the sun was shining and I couldn't wait any longer to get all the crud and filth off of my car from sitting at Pittsburgh Airport for 2 weeks and then the 90 minute drive back home.

20150308_175652_zpsxbdeegrz.jpg

The construction of the foam gun itself simply impressed me.  All parts seem very sturdy and the stainless quick disconnect is very secure, unlike the generic brand foam gun I was using prior to this one.  I used the yellow-green metering tip as recommended, then after attaching the fill tube, I filled up most of the container with water, then added in 2 or 3oz of the new blue goodness and shook it up some.  The wash pad on top of the brand new wash pad is used for the rocker panels and lower rear bumper, hence why it looks a little beat up.  I had a third one, not pictured, that I used as well for the lower half of the doors.

I prepped my wash buckets as I normally do, then added another 2oz onto the wash pad in the bucket.  It foamed up very quickly, and made a very pleasant smell to me.  I had no complaints with the scent of the red shampoo, and the blue shampoo has a great berry scent to it.

20150308_180314_zpssd8rad1k.jpg

It throws A LOT of suds!  The foam gun I used before didn't have any type of metering tip.  It did ok but didn't put out this kind of volume, and didn't seem to last this long, even with a larger container.

20150308_180413_zps7vuu8of2.jpg

20150308_180459_zpsk3gdryxr.jpg

20150308_180425_zpscrxffg0e.jpg

20150308_180612_zpsaxouutiw.jpg

I sprayed my GS down very generously to try to get those pictures, and I still had some mixture left in the container when I was done covering the whole car.

20150308_180739_zps5t4ozfsr.jpg

Then I did my normal cleaning

20150308_180916_zps0t7nzfpf.jpg

Rinsed off very easily, just like the old formula:

20150308_182711_zpsri33ihpu.jpg

I just really liked how you can see all of the pearl in the paint in this shot below  :)

20150308_182733_zps8yunfmre.jpg

20150308_182801_RichtoneHDR_zpswqkwx9di.

Love the side profile of this car...

20150308_182830_RichtoneHDR_zpstdrgtjsu.

The Opel-Buick says thank you for cleaning me in this nasty cold winter weather!

20150308_182850_RichtoneHDR_zpskrz8slfx.

Water wiped off very easily as usual with the Great White Drying Towel.  Since it was so cold I didn't bother to spray any Detail Spray as a drying agent this time.

20150308_183750_RichtoneHDR_zpsaauwonlm.

And there were still some suds left in my wash bucket after I was done, and it probably took me 15 or 20 minutes of drying after rinsing it off, since I was letting my hands warm back up after each section :)

20150308_183925_RichtoneHDR_zps41hzzctw.

Thanks for looking.  I'm very pleased with both products, and I expected nothing less.  Keep on rockin' Adam's Team! :patriot:

Edited by psu goat

11 answers to this question

Awesome write up Dan! I always enjoy reading your posts and threads on here, they are some of the best I have seen. The car looks awesome too by the way!

Thanks bud, that means a lot and it's great appreciated. I love this somewhat rare car...I always seem to buy the oddball vehicles from GM :)

I was just giggling all alone here picturing you foaming the car while filming at the same time. Must've been quite the experience!

To borrow a line from Big Trouble in Little China..."It wasn't easy!" :lol:

I really liked your action shots of the foam hitting your car! Thnx for the review!

Thanks, no problem!

Nice write up. That foam gun looks like it's built to last.

I love that Buick btw

:2thumbs:

Great review and awesome looking car!

You guys are too nice! Thanks!

Great write up!

Great products too!

Nice car!!  :2thumbs: Any suggestions for cleaning exhaust ports?  I was hoping DWC would help cut the carbon, but my buildup is pretty gnarly. 

Thanks, yours looks awesome too! Love the Crystal Red tintcoat :bow:  

I'm going to try to tackle the carbon buildup on the exhaust ports on mine as soon as the weather gets a little bit warmer.  I'll post up a thread if I'm successful.

Edited by psu goat