Customer Service 866.965.0400

Favorite 'thing'...?

PT3

Question

Two questions....

1. What's your favorite part of detailing? (Washing, drying, sealing, waxing, correcting, etc...)

1a. ...and why?

2. What part or your car(s) do you enjoy detailing the most? (Hood, grille, wheels, etc...)

I'll start...

1. Detailing with Detail Spray

1a. Because, at this point the car is clean. And now I'm just taking my time going around the car...taking it in... Enjoying the beauty of the lines and shine... And then using a nice double soft to wipe on and buff out...and since the surface is so slick, the towel just glides over the clean slick finish. Nothing better in my opinion.

2. There are two parts of the car I enjoy... The hood....a big 'sea' of a panel...at the optimum height and angle...and when it's clean and your driving and you look out over the glassy hood... Ain't nothing better. And then more specifically...on my M5 I like cleaning the double slat blacked out kidney grilles.

Your turn....

Edited by PhilT3 2014 BMW M5

10 answers to this question

1. Interior conditioning with Leather Conditioner, because I want my interior protected and it smells so good.

2. The seats, because they look good, feel good, smell good, and stay cleaner much longer than the exterior.

Edited by TheWolf

1. Has to be washing. One, because I get to do it more often than anything else. Two, I love going from "dirt" to "diamond".

2. I agree with you, Phil. I love the hood for the same reasons. Living in Florida where the elements don't always tell you when your car is dirty (especially this time of year up north), looking out over the hood as I'm driving is a great indicator of whether or not she needs a bath.

1) I like correcting and protecting the paint. It is such an amazing 180 degree turn in many cases. I am with you on the hood and the detail spray as well. A couple of recent purchases have made me start to rethink the answer to this. Rinseless Wash is so awesome and so is the Adams Glass Cleaner when used with the glass towels.

2) As for the areas of the car yeah the hood and probably the tires and wheels because they have such a big turn around as well. I am all about the results and difference we can make.

Two questions....

1. What's your favorite part of detailing? (Washing, drying, sealing, waxing, correcting, etc...)

1a. ...and why?

2. What part or your car(s) do you enjoy detailing the most? (Hood, grille, wheels, etc...)

1)  Its a tie for me, decon/claying paint for me is one of my favorite parts because I know I'm really "exfoliating" the paint and preparing it for its greatest shine potential for a new application of sealant.  As well, giving a final DS wipe after polishing to remove any residual residues/dust really just makes you sit back and admire your work.

2)  Wheels for sure.  I love making the barrels look brand new at each wash, when I was younger I'd be lazy and just do faces of the wheels but now I do AWATT (All Wheel All The Time) and it is a detail most people do notice when they admire your vehicle.

Two questions....

1a. ...and why?

1. Correcting a dark colored car. There is a very dramatic difference in the finished vs. unfinished sides.
  2. Fully cleaning the wheels.  Clean barrels make them look sooo much better.

1. Finished results for clients, why? Because I enjoy seeing their reaction to how their vehicle looks afterwards.

2. Whichever part on each vehicle is the most challenging during detailing. That could be wheels, paint correction, etc.