Customer Service 866.965.0400

Product Staining on Concrete?

KSRegalGS

Question

Will products like VRT, Tire Shine, or Undercarriage Spray stain concrete or asphalt? I Typically avoid spraying these products on my driveway for fear of staining, discoloring or any other adverse effects from overspray. I know the VRT can be diluted with water, but I'm curuous how soluble products like these are with water (ie. Will they wash away from rain after drying)?

12 answers to this question

Yep - I second the doc.  :)

This is actually the sole reason why I've avoided repurchasing undercarriage spray, as it left bad stains in my garage (and I have little use with our lower profile cars) .  Certainly, great care is needed in terms of applying and making sure to put towels down in case there are drips. 

^^^I stopped using Undercarriage Spray because of the staining, oily nature, etc, and the fact it only has one use in my regimen.  I dress with diluted VRT milk now, works pretty damn good and is sprayable and usable elsewhere as well. 

I noticed any staining on my driveway from DWC or APC comes off with a pressure washer though, after sealcoating my driveway last year it became more noticeable after doing "heavy duty" wheel/tire cleaning.

Edited by Ricky Bobby

^^^I stopped using Undercarriage Spray because of the staining, oily nature, etc, and the fact it only has one use in my regimen.  I dress with diluted VRT milk now, works pretty damn good and is sprayable and usable elsewhere as well.

Have you figured out a way to get the undercarriage spray staining out of the driveway? Even after hitting the driveway with some degreaser, scrubbing, and pressure washing it still remains (Probably suck in the pores)

Have you figured out a way to get the undercarriage spray staining out of the driveway? Even after hitting the driveway with some degreaser, scrubbing, and pressure washing it still remains (Probably suck in the pores)

Nope.  Mines in my concrete in the garage but its ok I live with it, my garage floor isn't spotless.  I don't spray it on the asphalt driveway.

I picked up an item at the supermarket Intended to be used to wash dishes. It has a hollow handle with a sponge on the end. I fill the handle with undercarriage spray, put the sponge back on and "paint" it in my wheel wells. Hasn't dripped on the garage floor or driveway yet. Or you can just spray the sponge and apply it that way. No way am I finishing a car without undercarriage spray.

I understand that Undercarriage Spray has its drawbacks, but it's by far my favorite scent of all the products and it enhances the overall detailing experience for me. Hopefully, a new formula of sorts might help it along sometime so long as the scent remains.