Customer Service 866.965.0400

10" Wash Pad - A Smart Move

Just wanted to post that I was skeptical about the 10" size of the wash pad until yesterday, until I used it for a traditional wash.

I had an older Jumbo 11" pad in the bucket as well for the upper sections (I haven't had a 9" pad for a while now), and a 10".

I didn't realize how cumbersome the 11" pad was, I mean you almost have to be guiding it with 2 arms or your forearm so it doesn't slip off the panels lol!

The 10" is much more manageable for one hand washing use.  Good call moving forward, consolidating 2 different wash pads into 1.

Agreed, I don't do traditional washes really anymore, and when I do I typically use 1 bucket with multiple towels (The Perfect Wash method as I know that you know haha). But when I do a two bucket wash the 10" pads are the way to go

You could go full OCD like me and use 7 pads for a soap wash lol.

You could go full OCD like me and use 7 pads for a soap wash lol.

The method I use is technically more OCD and safer haha. It is one bucket filled with water and shampoo (no need for grit guard) with as many microfiber towels as you need. No dirt is being reintroduced to the paint with this method. Known as Garry Dean's "The Perfect Wash Method"

The method I use is technically more OCD and safer haha. It is one bucket filled with water and shampoo (no need for grit guard) with as many microfiber towels as you need. No dirt is being reintroduced to the paint with this method. Known as Garry Dean's "The Perfect Wash Method"

To be honest, since I just got my Ryobi 1700 1.2gpm on Saturday, I won't be doing much traditional washes going forward.  Maybe every now and then.  Wheels/Tires I try to always go traditional on though, just because I like getting the barrels and back of spokes every time I wash.

Just going to pre-rinse and foam the car, then either Perfect Wash rather quickly or just pull in the garage and do GDWM on the paint after doing wheels with a rinse and a bucket.  If its a lazy Sunday I'll do the Wedge and Wash pads though.

I know lol. I do that for rinseless but I dont like MF towels for soap washes so I GWDM with wash pads lol.