Customer Service 866.965.0400

Another HGG Review

McMo

Question

About a week ago I did a paint correction and applied liquid paint sealant to my 2014 Ford Fusion. I was very pleased with the results. After doing a 2 bucket wash today, and drying quickly with detail spray because of the sun, I thought lets try the H2O Guard and Gloss. I couldn't wait any longer to give this stuff a try, so I applied it using the dry application. I couldn't believe the difference. This stuff is amazing; it kicked it up another level. Unfortunately, I don't have a before shot for comparison. 

A few comments on the process: While doing the dry application, it was very sunny and the temp. was about 70 degrees. I was using 2 double soft microfiber towels. Even though the one towel was quite wet, it too seemed to be drying out quickly in the sun. At times it seemed as though the towel wasn't wet enough and I was racing to apply the product and remove it before it dried out completely. I tried compensating for this by refolding the towel to use a different area. This seemed to help and I was able to complete the application. 

I thought about re-soaking my towel during the process but it seemed to me that I could be wasting a lot of product that was building up in the towel, so I didn't do this. After I was done, I thought that maybe I could have spritzed the towel with a couple of shots of water from a spray bottle. 

Perhaps it was just too sunny for a smooth application but next time I'm going to give the spray bottle a shot.

post-9740-0-42941500-1430350402_thumb.jpg

9 answers to this question

Nice write-up Dan.  

I start with a very damp towel, and found using the same section of the towel built up product and make it easier to use as I went along.

I was finding the opposite, Michael. Although the product was building up on the towel, as I went along there didn't seem to be enough water left in the towel to make it work. The panels were quite hot and was drying the towel so the product wasn't providing proper coverage.

I did the dry application 2 weeks ago. It was in the mid 70's here in So Cal and I had no issues.  The towels stayed damp and I did not use a lot of product. Spread on the paint easily and I could see it even though the paint is silver. 

Perhaps you had higher humidity.