Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick Sealant and Deep Wheel Cleaner

MaverickC2

Question

11 answers to this question

So its kind of a complex situation - Deep Wheel Cleaner as it sits won't remove the protection, its actually at, or very close to neutral pH (production variance can have it + or - a small percentage, but for the sake of argument lets assume its neutral) The active ingredient, the stuff that changes colors, is actually an acid - the rest of the makeup of the product is alkaline to balance it out to neutral.

When the acid part of the formula reacts with the metallics it goes thru a chemical change, and the alkaline portion of the formula takes over pushing the pH scale towards the alkaline side.

So - long story short - when its first sprayed on DWC won't do anything to break down protection, but as it reacts it becomes increasingly alkaline which will to a degree 'degrade' the protection. At no point do I think its strong enough to remove quick sealant, but it probably could after a few uses.

Now thats an awesomely detailed response!  Basically if you are using DWC often enough I'd say it won't hurt to reapply QS every 3rd or 4th time you use DWC.

Its not going to hurt it to apply an additional coat, I put 2 coats this weekend on my wheels after using DWC.

If you seal your wheels with Quick Sealant you shouldn't need more than car wash soap to clean the wheels with occasional deep wheel cleaner.

I ususally get 3-4 months on wheels with quick sealant before I have to really clean them with DWC and re-seal.

For my two trucks thats exactly what I do.  The brakes on the ZL1 throw off ridiculous amounts of brake dust. I mainly use it to keep the barrels and brake calipers clean.

I just purchased a new 911 GTS with the black wheels from the factory. The salesman instructed me too use P21S Wheel Cleaner as that is what the factory recommends. I have been a loyal ADAMS user for 10 years and want to know if I can use all-purpose cleaner and Spray sealant on my wheels. The centerlock wheel cover is black anodized.

Steve, just don't use it on a hot wheel is all.

You don't have to use P21S, they pay Porsche to be recommended by them.

Are the wheels black matte or black gloss?  If the wheels are clean already, you should seal them and you can then maintain them with bucket of Adams Car Shampoo.  If they are matte wheels you don't want to use Detail Spray or any wax on them.

Steve, just don't use it on a hot wheel is all.

You don't have to use P21S, they pay Porsche to be recommended by them.

Are the wheels black matte or black gloss?  If the wheels are clean already, you should seal them and you can then maintain them with bucket of Adams Car Shampoo.  If they are matte wheels you don't want to use Detail Spray or any wax on them.

They are satin.

PT3.........yes, thanks.  They are a satin black finish. (although the front of the spoke underneath the finish is a polished surface so it has a different look than the area between the spokes and the inner body of the wheel)