Customer Service 866.965.0400

Share your detailing hacks.

BoCRon

Question

I use women's makeup applicators to apply Leather Conditioner to the tight areas in my MINI. I also use them for applying SVRT to roofline and around wheel trim. They are just the right size. I can rinse them out and get a couple of uses from each one. Pack of 12 from Target is $2.  I have the larger Adams applicators for everything else, but in a MINI there are a bunch of tight spots that need a smaller applicator.

http://www.target.com/p/up-up-latex-free-cosmetic-rounds-12-ct/-/A-11008843#prodSlot=_1_10

Annette

Edited by BoCRon

10 answers to this question

Not a bad idea Annette I like your ingenuity.

To make drying faster, I take a rinseless soaked towel (plush) and get the bulk of water off the paint, wringing it out a few times.  Makes drying with my waffle weave easier, and since the towel has some rinseless soaked in it, its applying some lubrication to the surface to make for mar-free drying experience and adding drying agent as i remove the water.

This way the waffle weave doesnt get filled up with water too fast making it cumbersome to dry a wet car.

To make drying faster, I take a rinseless soaked towel (plush) and get the bulk of water off the paint, wringing it out a few times.  Makes drying with my waffle weave easier, and since the towel has some rinseless soaked in it, its applying some lubrication to the surface to make for mar-free drying experience and adding drying agent as i remove the water.

This way the waffle weave doesnt get filled up with water too fast making it cumbersome to dry a wet car.

Not so much ingenuity as impatience. I had the Leather Conditioner but forgot to order any applicators. I was waiting for the order to come in but couldn't wait to start on my car so searched the house for some way to apply the leather conditioner and voila! It was a bit much to do the whole interior with those little sponges but I did discover how useful they are in specific areas.

I like the rinseless solution. Since I don't use a water blade anymore I was going through too many towels. I will definitely try your method next time. 

Annette

Edited by BoCRon

I like the makeup sponge! I actually have a bunch of those that I use for plastic models. I don't have any rinseless yet, but that's a good idea, too!

Here is the thread I made about driving onto boards so you can get to all of the tire sidewall for cleaning/dressing.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/28624-how-to-clean-dress-your-whole-sidewall/?p=448438

I use this method too, and it works great!  I can do my car and truck with one Waterless Wash towel, and it is only slightly damp at the end.

Since we are already at the makeup counter, maybe Dylan will chime in and tell us the story of how the original Adam's Boars Hair lug nut brush came about...

I have multiple trim and lug nut brushes. One is the normal stock length, but the other two I have shortened the hairs on. The shortest one is fairly aggressive at cleaning for really tough jobs. The medium length one seems to do better on leather, and the long one is for areas that require a longer reach.

I use women's makeup applicators to apply Leather Conditioner to the tight areas in my MINI. I also use them for applying SVRT to roofline and around wheel trim. They are just the right size. I can rinse them out and get a couple of uses from each one. Pack of 12 from Target is $2.  I have the larger Adams applicators for everything else, but in a MINI there are a bunch of tight spots that need a smaller applicator.

http://www.target.com/p/up-up-latex-free-cosmetic-rounds-12-ct/-/A-11008843#prodSlot=_1_10

Annette

Love the idea! I had actually snagged one of my Wifes makeup wedges the other day and used it with some VRT lol I was climing around and trying to do some thin areas on my bakflip cover and they worked great for it. 

I have multiple trim and lug nut brushes. One is the normal stock length, but the other two I have shortened the hairs on. The shortest one is fairly aggressive at cleaning for really tough jobs. The medium length one seems to do better on leather, and the long one is for areas that require a longer reach.

So did you trim down the Adams brushes? I'd like a way to get in the crevices in the seats so this may do the trick.