Customer Service 866.965.0400

Garage build... Great way to store your Adam's...!

PT3

Put up another shelf, primarily for oil. Put a piece of plastic on the wall to protect from the seat wheels. It will be painted to match the wall.

Also...purchased all new matching 5-gallon buckets and delegated the lowes and HD buckets to 'other'. Got pretty much everything labeled as well.

post-12257-0-21512400-1440961795_thumb.jpgpost-12257-0-29100500-1440961806_thumb.jpgpost-12257-0-64985300-1440961819_thumb.jpgpost-12257-0-15888100-1440961830_thumb.jpg

Looks good, Phil.  Great way to mount the light on the wall.

Thanks Dan! But I can't take full credit for it. My contractor and I collectively came up with it. The metal shroud is certainly strong enough and it gets the light where I want it.

Thanks again!

That looks great.

I am going to steal some of your work to use in my garage to help organize it better.

PLEASE do! And please post pics!...so I too can look for other good ideas! LOL.

For sure.

I've been looking around the garage trying to decide where to put some wall mount cabinets. Right now I'm waiting for my 16' long x 12' wide storage shed to be built for my back yard to get the kayaks, lawn mowers, and 4 wheelers out of the garage. So I've been thinking about how to hang the fishing poles and things on the walls.

For sure.

I've been looking around the garage trying to decide where to put some wall mount cabinets. Right now I'm waiting for my 16' long x 12' wide storage shed to be built for my back yard to get the kayaks, lawn mowers, and 4 wheelers out of the garage. So I've been thinking about how to hang the fishing poles and things on the walls.

That's great to be able to get a shed up for the non-automotive stuff! Good luck.

Start up a thread and start posting pics. Others may have ideas for your situation as well.

Also...I'm I'm the process of having my contractor install a in wall heater next to the hose bib. And had him insulate the door. This way I can leave all my stuff in there without it freezing.

I think I'll also add a high power fan for the summer.

Edited by PT3

Phil you will like a fan in the summer months.    Dan I do like how you mounted your fan.  Did not think of mounting it that way.  I ended up mounting mine in the ceiling and to pull the hottest air out of the garage.

The mount I built allows me to rotate the fan 180 degrees, so I can move air into the garage, or spin it and move air out.  The moving air out works good when detailing, so you are not stirring up dust with strong air flow.  The fan also has three speeds.

Air King 9020.  $126 on Amazon.

This Air King fan works great.  The support is DIY, so it would extend out in front of the door opening.

attachicon.gif20130608_134224.jpg

Thanks Dan. Air King is exactly the brand I was looking at.

I like how you mounted yours. Does it slide out from the wall to in front of the garage bay opening? Then slide back when not in use?

I really like the idea of being able to use it for exhaust as well! As always Dan, nicely done!

Thanks Phil.

No, the fan mount is fixed. It is mounted over a stationary woodworking tool, so it is not in the walking pathway. I do think the mount could be built differently to either pivot out of the way, or slide back.

Love to see more pics Dan! Thanks bud!

• 2 weeks later...

While we are waiting for Dan to post some pics...

Sorry Phil, I forgot to take the pics last weekend.  :(

The mounting arm is a piece of pre-punch tube from the hardware store.

20150918_150415.jpg

I attached it to the wall with two angle brackets.  I picked brackets that had a hole pattern that matched the tube.

20150918_150445.jpg

I also supported the arm from the existing garage door track using a bolt and a spacer tube.

20150918_150451.jpg

I used some rubber, vinyl and steel washers between the fan mount and the arm, and also under the head of the bolt so it would pivot easily.  I ran the cord inside of the tube and then down the wall to an outlet.

20150918_150505.jpg

Any questions? :D