Customer Service 866.965.0400

Do just one section all steps or whole car each step?

BAMAS2000

Question

15 answers to this question

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/28738-how-to-remove-swirl-marks/?hl=polish&do=findComment&comment=449876

Do a test strip and figure out which pad you need to begin the correction.  Will one or two passes do the job?  Are parts of the car worst than another?

You should be able to get the correction down to where the finishing polish will clean up the rest and give you a perfect shine  Perfect means different things to different people. My perfect might be your almost perfect.

You can do the entire car or just the top or front panels. Often this depends on how much time you have to do the work and if the car is a daily driver and can not set in the garage all day waiting for you to get home.  

By doing it in segments you are going to have to switch pads, polishes and maybe machines several times. Your correcting pads might need to be cleaned and may not be dry when you want to use them next.

So yes you can do it in segments or all at once. It depends on your equipment, the availability of the car and your time to do it. . 

Edited by Feets31

I prefer to do a one step at a time with the whole car or at least big sections. (Front end, drivers side, etc)

So i'll like clay and polish a big section, then clay and polish another section so forth and so on. I think its personal preference.

I prefer to do it by side. For example: I start with the hood and front end. I clay and paint correct the area then seal and wax. I then move on to the drivers side and repeat the process until I make it back to the front end.

Start with orange foam and pcp see what results you get if you need more correcting power go back over with an orang mf pad the go with orange foam again most likely you wont need the white foam and pfp unless you haave a black car. And you def dont need to use a white foam pad ever

I'd say toss the white microfiber.

As stated above, do a test panel to see what it'll take. It's personal preference whether you go panel by panel or each step at a time over the entire vehicle. Also, how much time you have. If you're a bit tight on time just complete one panel at a time.

Every paint is different; some I've been able to finish down with the orange microfiber using pcp, others I've had to follow up with the white foam pad and pfp.

This weekends Audi A4 S Line took the Gen 5 orange pad and Paint Correcting Polish followed up with the Gen 5 white foam pad and Paint Finishing Polish.

IMG_2866resize_zpso6zf0dkq.jpg

Hood still looks a little cloudy!

^_^

BamaS2000 - I have a black Corvette, and when I bought it the paint was very bad, swirled, scratched, etc.

Made a post in the Detailing section for what pads, and polishes were used to correct it to 100%.

Time didn't matter to me, as it was inside a garage, and not leaving until it was finished.

As mentioned previously, use the minimal amount of steps, (pads & Polishes) and I would tell you to correct using Orange Microfiber pad with Paint Correcting Polish, and once you are satisfied with those results removing the swirls and damage, the use the White Foam pad and Paint Finishing Polish to get the deep shine you are after.

Apply either Liquid Paint Sealant or Wax and you should be good to go.

By the way, take your time, so do whatever sized areas your time allows.

Paint Correction and great results do not happen instantly! 

that photo looks great but I can do that when my car is swirled to no end.  Black S2000 with severe swirls.  I think Ill do all four pads on about a third of the car at a time.  Wish me luck!  ;-)

If your going to do it your way why bother asking?

Like Dave said do a test panel.  Most cars come back surprisingly well with just an orange froam and PCP.  Why do more work then needed? 

I'd say toss the white microfiber.

As stated above, do a test panel to see what it'll take. It's personal preference whether you go panel by panel or each step at a time over the entire vehicle. Also, how much time you have. If you're a bit tight on time just complete one panel at a time.

Every paint is different; some I've been able to finish down with the orange microfiber using pcp, others I've had to follow up with the white foam pad and pfp.

This weekends Audi A4 S Line took the Gen 5 orange pad and Paint Correcting Polish followed up with the Gen 5 white foam pad and Paint Finishing Polish.

IMG_2866resize_zpso6zf0dkq.jpg

Hood still looks a little cloudy!

^_^

What color is that Audi? That looks great!

I've been hesitant about doing any paint correction myself for the simple fact that I don't have a garage to perform this type of work in. I take that back, we have a garage but my pickup wont fit in it. And I'm really not sure how smart it would be to do this type of thing in the blazing sun. I know people that have garages that my pickup would fit into, but then there is the time factor.