Customer Service 866.965.0400

Random Photography thread

wely324

We usually get to see them more in the winter since it's so dark. But this fall they have been pretty bright and active.

It's awesome watching them change colors and move.

They are hard to get a picture of them unless you have a big dollar camera. But these were bright enough to be taken with my iPhone.

5502D4E8-D313-4CF7-95C1-F4D9A6982282_zps

688D35D8-A4F2-4D01-9034-07C2B7176083_zps

I'd jump on that offer in a heartbeat. Which bus does your customer drive? The "cushy" busses stop at the Eielson Visitor Center while the uncomfortable school buses "bring your own lunch" busses are the only ones allowed to go farther in. Those are the busses that allow you to get off and do a little hiking, just jump on another after your hike. They are also the only ones that will allow you to see Wonder Lake.

I'd jump on that offer in a heartbeat. Which bus does your customer drive? The "cushy" busses stop at the Eielson Visitor Center while the uncomfortable school buses "bring your own lunch" busses are the only ones allowed to go farther in. Those are the busses that allow you to get off and do a little hiking, just jump on another after your hike. They are also the only ones that will allow you to see Wonder Lake.

I didn't know they were different busses, so I'm not sure. I'll be good either way. He said the last week of August is the most impressive for fall colors and the Bears are very active getting ready for winter.

I've only gone the first 13 miles to Savage River. Which is as far as they allow personal vehicles unless you get a lottery pass at the end of the season. Which is starting today and through the week. But he said they have snow up there now and have been closing parts of the road.

I didn't know they were different busses, so I'm not sure. I'll be good either way. He said the last week of August is the most impressive for fall colors and the Bears are very active getting ready for winter.

I've only gone the first 13 miles to Savage River. Which is as far as they allow personal vehicles unless you get a lottery pass at the end of the season. Which is starting today and through the week. But he said they have snow up there now and have been closing parts of the road.

This is the bus we rode old school busses, bring your own food/drinks. http://www.nps.gov/dena/planyourvisit/shuttles.htm

This is the tour buses that go 1/2 way, comfortable busses, food/drink provided. http://www.nps.gov/dena/planyourvisit/bus-tours.htm

FrozenWS6 and 694doorbird, here is some information that I just happen to get in my emails today in regards to these buses that the two of you are conversing about.  Looks like a fun place.  Maybe one day after I retire and have all the time in the world. 

http://www.backpacker.com/destinations-stories/the-last-bus/#bp=0/img1

Those are great night pics Rick.

I want to upgrade my Canon camera ( I'm looking at the new Canon T6s), so I can take cool night pics like that. My current one doesn't have a long enough shudder speed to allow for very good night pics.

The first two were set at 13 seconds and the last was set at 20 seconds. My camera is mounted on a tripod and I'm using a remote release. The LCD is turned off to be sure there is no extra light in the photo.

Thanks very much guys.

Next weekend, I'm going back up to Sedona with a new lens to try out.

Keep them coming guys, all of these photos are great!

Love that place, Although I couldn't afford to live there.  About the only place my wife would live in Arizona, and I could be really close to the Grand Canyon.

694doorbird, Lfairbanks. Looks like the better buses to get on are the school buses.

I'm going to put in for some vacation and do that trip.

We got to watch this Grizzley for about 20 minutes chase a ground squirl at Savage River on our last trip in Denali Park. This one was across the river from us and I got to try my new 55-250mm lens.

31D7F3D1-4824-4CE7-B15C-78A671E08159_zps

3B0CF231-151A-4C93-8DC1-69654772596B_zps

Love that place, Although I couldn't afford to live there.  About the only place my wife would live in Arizona, and I could be really close to the Grand Canyon.

It's a great place to visit, but I'm unsure if I would live in a resort town. Gets real busy up there during the summer. We do have an excellent hook-up at one of the resorts.