Customer Service 866.965.0400

Problem removing items from the cart, sometimes.

I thought it was maybe my browser acting up, but I tried a different browser and it did the same thing. The area to remove an item from your cart seems a bit random. I click right on the X and half the time it takes me to the product page. It just took me 5 tries to remove an item, it kept going to the product page. It does it at my work too, so I can't blame my computer, for once lol. My assumption would be that the whole area with the black and the X in the upper left corner should remove items. If it's something I'm doing somebody help me here? haha

I know. There was something in my cart on my last order that was supposed to have been removed but came anyhow.  It's okay, but that can get expensive if the wrong item ends up there and you can't take it out. 

I'/m ALWAYS careful about checking my cart before I hit the final submit button. Last order I had added some stuff when I wasn't logged in. When I went to check out it had me log in. Well, I had a bunch of things in my cart from a day before when I had been logged in. And I think it re-added the few things I had added that day when I wasn't signed in. Needless to say I caught it before I made a huge mistake.

IMHO it would be nice if they added an always logged in option, I'm the only person who uses my computer and it would just be easier for my lazy butt to not have to check to see if I'm logged in or not every time I added something to my cart. Or even, in the top right corner where it says profile, it could say your name if you're logged in instead of just profile.

The sweet spot seems to be in the top left corner. I have had trouble also.  You can also try to move the number from say one of the items you do not want with this order and replace with a zero 0.  Hit refresh. 

It could be easier, but once you find the sweet spot it is a bit easier. 

I think you have to get all of your cursor into the triangle and then click.  It appears the product field is too large and the back end of the cursor is still reading that.  Put all of it in the triangle and it will delete only. 

I've made Matt aware that some people are still experiencing this issue... we thought it was isolated to some browsers, but now I'm starting to suspect it might be tied to the resolution you're viewing the cart at and how that makes the "delete" tab appear. I have zero issues when testing it on my 27" screen, but on my 15" macbook I have to be very preceise with the click or it does what you guys are describing.

The simple solution, versus trying to be a click sniper, just change the quantity to 0 and click the update cart button. We'll work on a solution that makes the standard way work properly, but for now just edit the quantity and if its at zero it will disappear from your cart when you refreseh.

Guest washemup

If you want to remove an item by using the "X" in the black triangular box in the upper left hand corner of the item in your cart, position the mouse/pointer directly above the "X". Then drag it down inside the black triangle. I actually get another box that pops up at this point which says "remove item".

If you approach the "X" from any other angle with your mouse/pointer, you won't get the "remove item" pop up, instead it will show the item name in a pop up box. Example, "Adam's Car Wash Shampoo 16oz", then when you click, even if inside the black triangle, it will instead take you to the product page. 

From above then into works every time for me.

In my test: if you go to the x while traveling through the product image, you get taken to the product page. if you enter the x, without touching the image of the product you can remove the product.

A second issue is that if you go from the x to the image of the product, there is a small portion that will remove the product instead of going to the product page. 

A simple onclick function could fix the first issue. Or, even simplier, making the X have a higher z-index than the product image (this worked flawlessly when I tested it on my end).

Chiming in! Sorry for the delay here. I have the developers making some changes here for us, so hang tight. And for reference, the goal is to make deleting a product more clear. Something like this on each line item (image below):

I currently have 20+ small changes in the que for developers. All of them are small tweaks like this to make shopping with us more convenient.

If anyone has thoughts on this solution feel free to let me know. 

IIcrIOa.jpg

I usually just manually change the number in the text entry box and click Update Totals because I don't ever seem to click the right spot of the X if I'm in a hurry, so this looks like a nice and user friendly improvement to the buying process Matt. It's cool with me!

• 1 month later...