Customer Service 866.965.0400

2012 Explorer. Ruby Red.

2500HHP

Hi All, First post here and first detail in a long long time! Did the wifes explorer today using the old system and the PC 7424.

Turned out pretty good I think! I was able to polish out pretty much everything using only the Fine Machine Polish.

-Washed and Clayed

- Single pass with 7" White pad

- Fine Machine Wax

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for bugs?! I had a heck of a time even with Claybar, APC and ELBOW GREASE!

IMG_36101_zpsmtbcpthp.jpg

IMG_36181_zpsnfbnygmc.jpg

IMG_36201_zps2ypfqvis.jpg

IMG_36171_zpsp1gvlki7.jpg

IMG_36211_zpsoiyorou5.jpg

Edited by 2500HHP

Chris, I finally dug out the OG porter cable kit and put it to use. Need something to pass the time not working. Maybe even make some moneys at it lol My black pad felt fine but started falling apart at the end there. I guess that's what happens trying to use 6 year old pads.

Definately making a handsome order next week to take care of some things and take advantage of the awesome incentive ya'll are running right now.

Edited by 2500HHP

Thanks rkj. Yes, a sealant is definately on my list. Which one would you guys reccomend?

First off Welcome Adam!

If you are upgrading the pads for your PC I would recommend changing the 5.5/6" backing plate & pads.  They work better on the PC than the 7" pads.  

Thanks rkj. Yes, a sealant is definately on my list. Which one would you guys reccomend?

I would use Liquid Paint Sealant on all the painted parts of your Ford's front end and the use the Quick Sealant for the grill and black plastic parts. You could use either the LPS or QS on you headlights. As mentioned keep the front end sealed and the bugs will come off easier. Great detail and welcome to the forum! 

Thanks Ashley! I agree it's a great recipe, however the products I'm using at the moment are pretty obsolete to your current offerings. I'm just getting back into it and trying to use up what I still have haha.

LOL!  We do need to get you some Paint Finishing Polish & new pads but the clay, one step polish and wax or seal is an awesome combination.   

LOL!  We do need to get you some Paint Finishing Polish & new pads but the clay, one step polish and wax or seal is an awesome combination.   

Yes I agree! If the paint is decent, you can actually get quite a bit out using the Fine Machine Polish.

Great shots, and bugs are a bummer!   Here is what I do:  Blast them with Waterless Wash 20 min before starting the wash process.  Then, after washing the wheels, and the rest of the vehicle, go after those stubborn guts with our Wash Pad.   The WW will soak into the guts, and make them easier to remove.

• 1 month later...

Well to add to this... Gave it some love on Sunday. But there's a twist.........

IMG_42091_zpsejw1dyb5.jpg

IMG_42221_zpsuu8mk5y0.jpg

IMG_42061_zpsh4th1l0x.jpg

Left the Explorer at the dealership after looking, came home with THIS today!

IMG_42461_zpsu2jczdnj.jpg

Tuxedo Black 2015 Limited Taurus demo car. You can tell the dealership tried to keep it clean, well...dealership clean. It's seen the ol' spinwash quite a few times I'd have to say. Stay tuned for some great before and afters.

Oh, and I have to share this. This was a freshly "detailed" 2013 Mercedes C300 on the pre owned lot.

IMG_42421_zpsmhv79c93.jpg

Edited by 2500HHP

Yes I traded Explorer in on Taurus. They paid it off, so I got out of the pricey payments I had on it and into something new. Explorer was only a "Loaded" (Sync and MFT) base model anyway. Was initially looking at a Titanium trim Fusion, but one sit and a quick spin in a Taurus and I was sold. Plus it's a limited with all the bells and whistles minus a sunroof.

The black I know could be a bit of a chore, but that green and blue flake in it.....YES.

Edited by 2500HHP