Customer Service 866.965.0400

Running Boards

SS/ZL1

Question

I'm still learning all the Adams products. My wife drives a Buick Enclave and I hate cleaning the running boards. They have deep tread's in them and it's hard to make them look good. I was wondering if the In and out spray would work for getting down in the treads. But my concern is if it would make them to slick.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated.

12 answers to this question

What is the finish on them, textured plastic? Can you post a pick of them?

In & Out might be a little slick, but not as slick as using SVRT.

I use Quick Sealant on my running boards, but they have a finish like Line-X. Not slick at all. I also use Quick Sealant on all my textured plastic.

Hi Terry, cleaning those running boards with a brush, while you are cleaning the tires, is the trick!   I use the Fender Brush, with our All Purpose Cleaner.   Then, for a not-too-slick finish, try the Total Interior Detailer on them.  Makes them dark, but not too shiny, nor slippery.

Just my $0.02.

Thanks!

Hi Terry, cleaning those running boards with a brush, while you are cleaning the tires, is the trick!   I use the Fender Brush, with our All Purpose Cleaner.   Then, for a not-too-slick finish, try the Total Interior Detailer on them.  Makes them dark, but not too shiny, nor slippery.

Just my $0.02.

Thanks!

How does Total Interior Detailer hold up being exposed to the elements?

Thanks Adam Ill give that a try. By the way I was told about your products by a fellow ZL1 owner from Atlanta, and what Ive used so far is great. I was at a local cruise-in tonight and everybody was  asking what I had put on my  tire's. So your tire shine got a lot of plugs. Looking forward to using more products.

I've used SVRT and Quick Sealant on running boards of different trucks I've detailed, for varying degrees of glossiness to the black plastic. I haven't had any problems or complaints of them being too slippery yet, but I do caution the owners that they might be a little slick.

I absolutely love Total Interior Detailer on black plastic floor trim inside of the doors for a nice matte, clean finish, and I had planned on trying TID and H2O Guard & Gloss on the running boards for the next truck I detail.  HGG works fantastic on black plastic wiper cowls, mirrors, vertical door trim, and so on, but I haven't had a chance to try it specifically on running boards just yet :)