Customer Service 866.965.0400

VRT on interior

Mooser

Question

I've used VRT on numerous interior items and have often wondered why Adams says:

NOTE: Adam's Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing is for exterior use. For interior leather, vinyl and plastic use Adam's Leather & Interior Conditioner or Adam's Total Interior Detailer

Is there some kind of chemical off-gassing that I've been breathing and one day it'll all catch up with me? Personally I love the smell (air-freshener MK-II)

Nothing wrong with L&I or TID but why the specific call out on VRT?

14 answers to this question

It's not intended for interior use bc there are dedicated interior products for it in Adams line.

However, there is absolutely nothing in the product stopping you from using it on the interior if it is giving you the results you want and you'd like to do your own testing to see if it does another use.

Personally I have dressed interior plastics with a 1:1 dilution (spray able) of Super VRT and distilled water (some of us call it VRT milk) and honestly it's the best interior dressing I've ever used. Bonus is its water resistant so if you crack your windows in the rain the water will bead up on your door panels.

However I would not recommend full strength (too shiny) but if you like the scent and the product then by all means dilute some 1:1 and dress your interior like you would usually. It works great!

Stick to LC on the leather materials however.

Hope that helps, as long as you are happy with the product results that is what's important! There are no harsh chemicals that can harm your interior in Super VRT.

Total Interior Detailer has been recommended on exterior plastics in past threads even though it's an interior product so I just wanted to post up that you can think outside the box and still get great results! Many of us also wipe down our interiors with Waterless Wash as it's a great quick wipe.

Edited by Ricky Bobby

I've mainly used it (interior wise) on the rubber shifter boots, cable accordions, flexible and hard plastics under the dash (heater box, ducting etc) and areas like that.

Hopefully helps condition the rubber, adds some depth to the color and a little shine and seems to (hopefully) leave a little protective film that can be easily refreshed with a quick MF wipe while other products I've used in the past (303, armourall, meguires, etc) all seem to completely disappear much quicker.

M

I actually like 303 for certain uses, particularly good on weather strip foam and rubber hoses (engine bay, etc) and I was a dedicated 303 tire guy. I've been using tireshine all summer on the daily drivers, I do like it but honestly it doesn't last as well as I would have hoped (compared to 303) and is a little harder to put on (303 is pretty basic spray and wipe without trying to level or even anything out like the tireshine)

Now for my old radial T/A's I haven't tried the tireshine as of yet but I think without the blocks and ribs and details it should be much easier 

M