Customer Service 866.965.0400

Claying/Sealant/Wax Info

R_Rod20

Question

OK - I have a headache now after reviewing all prior posts on what to use after claying. :wacko:

I have a '15 Grand Cherokee SRT.  During my last washing, I noticed that I have some type of overspray on side window and panel.  It did not come off during my washing.  I need to buy a clay bar.  After claying it, can I just use the H20 Guard and Gloss.  Is this okay or should I not use the Guard and Gloss and just apply the liquid paint sealant, then the buttery wax?  Right now, the jeep sits in the garage gets driven on the weekends to soccer games/tournaments, etc.  It may get washed once every 2-3 weeks.

I need to place an order and want to make sure I purchase the right items.

Please don't flame me if I missed a post. 

Thanks,

Ruben

9 answers to this question

Personally, since it's parked in a garage and driven when it's nice, I would put LPS down followed by glaze and Americana or Patriot (or buttery if you don't have the former 2). I would then use the H20 G&G as a maintenance product once every 2 months based on your description of wash frequency and amount driven.

What color is the SRT?

I agree I would go with the liquid paint sealer and a great wax.

Americana and Patriot are certainly at the top of the list. 

Buttery is an awesome product and as they say in the video for it if waxing is your therapy than buttery is your product. It is certainly easy to apply and remove. 

Personally, since it's parked in a garage and driven when it's nice, I would put LPS down followed by glaze and Americana or Patriot (or buttery if you don't have the former 2). I would then use the H20 G&G as a maintenance product once every 2 months based on your description of wash frequency and amount driven.

+1 to all of this.

You will be fine.  I just did the same thing as my dad got paint overspray all over my Grand Prix (glass and paint).  I clayed and wanted something quick to add for protection.  I used HGG and I have been using it as a stand alone product and it works just fine.  My grand prix sits outside 24/7.  I just refresh it every now and then with some more HGG.  Simple and effective.

Stopped by Adams yesterday after work to pick up some items and confirm what I needed to do. A big Thanks to Matt for helping me out!

Wash

Clay

LPS

then Glaze

I think I am going to skip the Buttery Wax step since the Jeep is only 3 months old.  Will probably wax it before winter though.

Now the wife is jealous - so I will be doing the same thing to her Acura RDX on Sunday.  Good thing the Broncos play Sunday night! :D

OK - I have a headache now after reviewing all prior posts on what to use after claying. :wacko:

I have a '15 Grand Cherokee SRT.  During my last washing, I noticed that I have some type of overspray on side window and panel.  It did not come off during my washing.  I need to buy a clay bar.  After claying it, can I just use the H20 Guard and Gloss.  Is this okay or should I not use the Guard and Gloss and just apply the liquid paint sealant, then the buttery wax?  Right now, the jeep sits in the garage gets driven on the weekends to soccer games/tournaments, etc.  It may get washed once every 2-3 weeks.

I need to place an order and want to make sure I purchase the right items.

Please don't flame me if I missed a post. 

Thanks,

Ruben

Congrats on the Grand Cherokee SRT. I love those things and may consider for my wife, then I can drive it all of the time lol