Customer Service 866.965.0400

First adams wash

jeffh

Question

I got most of my adam's products in this week and I'm planning on doing both daily drivers like adam did in the daily drive kit video. I was wondering on our 05 Subaru forester it has plastic a 1/4 of the way up all around it and it's in rough shape should I use all purpose cleaner and the inner fender brush on it before I wash. I'm going to use the h2o g&g on the car can this go on the plastic molding or not and if it can can I put vrt over it. My 6.7 ctd 3500 will get the whole daily driver treatment with clay and h2o g&g both will get glass sealant when my next order get here Wednesday.  

10 answers to this question

My wife drives a Volvo XC70 wagon that has the plastic cladding all around the lower sides of the vehicle as well as the front and rear bumpers.

IMG_5289resize.jpg

I do the wheels, tires and inner fenders/wheel wells first. Do one side, then before I move to the other, I clean that cladding with APC and my Fender Brush. Then before I dump the bucket, I do the front and rear bumpers. Rinse well.

While washing the car, I'll still wipe the plastic with my wash pad or wedge to make sure all the APC has been removed.

After drying, treat the cladding with SVRT or IN & Out Spray.

Edited by BRZN

SVRT was born for this type of trim. I used some on my niece's Frontier and it turned out great.

48E353D3-CE47-4BDC-9EFB-4EDC3603C759.jpg

(top is before, bottom is after)

I didn't use it over the HGG though, so I cannot say what it will do. It won't hurt to try it though!

Edited by chops1sc

My wife drives a Volvo XC70 wagon that has the plastic cladding all around the lower sides of the vehicle as well as the front and rear bumpers.

IMG_5289resize.jpg

I do the wheels, tires and inner fenders/wheel wells first. Do one side, then before I move to the other, I clean that cladding with APC and my Fender Brush. Then before I dump the bucket, I do the front and rear bumpers. Rinse well.

While washing the car, I'll still wipe the plastic with my wash pad or wedge to make sure all the APC has been removed.

After drying, treat the cladding with SVRT or IN & Out Spray.

thanks, what do you do with the roof rails.

Jeff, what do I do with the roof rails? Do you mean the black plastic caps? SVRT, or In & Out Spray, or Quick Sealant.

Billy, If I'm putting Guard & Gloss on the paint, I'll still put SVRT or In & Out Spray on the black plastic cladding after I'm done drying/buffing off the Guard & Gloss. Guard & Gloss does darken the plastic some, but not enough when I have this much.

well the wifes car got a little adams love today with the dd wash kit and man I love this stuff. If adams suv was rougher than a night in jail this thing spent a year or two lol. APC on the lower plastic clad, washed, detail spray, H2O G&G, TIC the inside. The car has only seen blue coral wash & wax for the last 4-5 years and let me tell you after the h2o g&g it's a slick as anything.

20150926_115935.jpg

20150926_115946.jpg

20150926_170154.jpg

yeah this is the aftermath my double soft I used to apply h2o and the utility towel from the inside lol

20150926_172659.jpg

the wife hit a deer the other day on her way to work can this be buffed out?

20150926_173307.jpg

Edited by jeffh