Customer Service 866.965.0400

washing towels for a beginner

bewbzout

Question

I would start by reading this write-up. It is a great read and will really help your towels last longer and perform better.

Short answer to your question is no. You should only use the MFR&B or some guys use a "free and clear" type detergent. you don't want any perfumes, dyes, or softeners in with your towels. Also the MFR&B is a stand alone detergent for microfiber so it alone is enough. As Jim said you can use vinegar every few washes in the rinse cycle (put it in the fabric softener dispenser). Make sure your dispenser is cleaned out so you don't contaminate your towels with leftover soup or softener.

my wife has stopped using fabric softener, we use baking soda and vinegar. sprinkle baking soda in the drum, and put vinegar in the fabric softener dispenser with detergent as usual. my micro fiber towels come out so fluffy now.

this combo also cleans the washing machine on a regular basis, especially if you have a front load washing.

Well, others may disagree but I usually wash all of my microfiber towels together with just Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener, and I know Dave (BRZN) does too. He's kinda sorta been my Mr. Miyagi to my Daniel-son, so I know his methods work!

Unless I have some severely dirty towels or a handful that I've used for H2O Guard & Gloss or Liquid Paint Sealant - in those cases, I will soak those towels separately before putting them in the washer.

Here's a great post from Dave: http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/29000-microfiber-washing-to-avoid-cross-contamination/?p=455587