Customer Service 866.965.0400

Are these older versions of Adams products?

Guest washemup

Question

Guest washemup

I recently got this bottle of Detail Spray and Liquid Paint Sealant.

The Paint Sealant states on the back of the bottle to wait at least an hour before topping. I was under the impression that the current version can be topped right away?

The label on the Detail Spray looks like the one on the Paint Sealant, and different then the current one used, which is the bottle with the sprayer on it. So is this an older version as well?

post-12794-0-74059500-1445800682_thumb.jpg

12 answers to this question

Looks the same to me.  And as far as I know it has always been a wait time of at least an hour before topping the sealant.  The older sealant was a wait time of at least 24 hours.  Maybe Adams is updating their labeling.  Those that your showing are what I have always seen.  I do however have some bottles that I still refill that show the label that was in use before the one above.

Edited by LFairbanks

Guest washemup

All the labels on the current products I have that are Adams all have a grey filing in the Adams logo. These other 2 have a white filling. They also have a red stripe on these 2 bottles I recently got. All the new one's have a grey one. 

You can see this obviously in the pic..

I copied this from a Nov 25th 2013 post by Dylan, when the latest version of LPS was introduced.

NO MORE LONG CURE TIMES - our previous generation product required 30 or more minutes to setup and wasn't ready to be topped with other products for at least a day. Now, with Adam's Liquid Paint Sealant, you can apply and remove the product as fast as it hazes up and layer immediately for additional protection and stunning results. Now you can apply our most durable product in a matter of minutes, not days! 

Edited by washemup

You're fine Joe, you've got new product. Check out the pic of my two bottles of LPS. The one on the left I purchased in 2013, I believe, and is about kicked. The bottle on the right (that looks just like yours) I picked up at Fall Carlisle at the end of September. I know it's a new one, I do the show ordering and it was delivered on the pallet in a sealed case straight from Colorado.

IMG_7258resize_zpswbtqos9k.jpg

Oh, and I'll often top my LPS right after it's hazed over and been buffed off. I've not noticed any ill effects to not waiting the full hour.

Edited by BRZN

Joe you're fine. With any cross linking products there is a bit of cure time to allow the chemicals to bond to paint, the hour I'm sure is just a recommendation.

By the time you apply it to your car I like to be sure I can take a beer break and do some garage cleanup, then I remove the haze. Sometimes I even let the haze sit overnight and wipe it off smooth as butter in the morning.

Point is, you can top it right away, but what's the rush? Haha

Yep, just like Dave shows above, the older labels had chrome sections to them as well has having the Adam's logo letters in chrome. The newest labels have no chrome and a red stripe where the chrome section used to be, with the Adam's logo in white lettering as well.

And also like Dave stated, I don't necessarily wait the hour after buffing off liquid paint sealant to follow it up either. By the time I have gone around each panel on a car individually, an hour has usually elapsed anyway and I'm good to apply BG, Americana, or Patriot onto that first panel again. It is most likely that the product description was never updated after your quote from Dylan up above.

Edited by Dan@Adams

Guest washemup

Thanks for all the help guys, I haven't bought any 16oz bottles since introduction of HGG, which was April, I do the gallons, and thought that the Paint Sealant could be immediately waxed over. I won't be needing to seal my car until next April when I polish again. I just polished and sealed yesterday, and washed again, and applied wax today. 

I currently use a non-Adams sealant that has a 4 hour cure time, and it makes it a pain in the butt to have to leave someone's home, only to come back 3 hours later to apply wax.

I suppose I could seal and dress the wheels and tires after I do the Paint Sealant, then should be able to wax without having to wait so long as I'm accustomed to. It's good to know I should let it cure for an hour though. Thanks again for all your help.  :)

Edited by washemup

Yea Joe, sealing the wheels, and even the glass, as well as dressing the tires, and other trim will eat up some of that time, also the dressing on any trim will help to keep wax and/or glaze from staining it if you touch it accidentally. You could also spend some time on the interior of the vehicle while you wait for your sealant to cure.

Edited by BRZN

Joe are you detailing for dollars and sealing/waxing on the same job?  If so, I really hope you are charging accordingly for both extra steps.  On my paint correction jobs and my WCS jobs I still only use one last step "product" and then on maintenance details I usually will add another coat of protection, or wax if the customer wants (which is rarely ever, they are always happy with sealants and they are more durable too)

Guest washemup

Joe are you detailing for dollars and sealing/waxing on the same job?  If so, I really hope you are charging accordingly for both extra steps.  On my paint correction jobs and my WCS jobs I still only use one last step "product" and then on maintenance details I usually will add another coat of protection, or wax if the customer wants (which is rarely ever, they are always happy with sealants and they are more durable too)

Yes I know and your right Jason, this is why I will forever be an amateur detailer. I only do it on the side, and I don't do a lot of full corrections, maybe 1 per month. When I do this on a car, for some reason I grow attached to it, for ever how many hours I'm working on it, it becomes "mine" during that time frame. If I think I can get a 5% better look by adding a concours type wax, I'm going to do it. Because if it was actually my car, I would do the same.

I'm not interested in making a lot of money detailing. If I was doing it for a living and had a family to support it might be different. I just love taking a car and making it look the best I possibly can. Whatever money I make is put back into detailing polishers/products. Just how many polishers does 1 person need? LOL!!

I just found out Rupes is coming out with a new version of the 21, 30% more power! You know I have to have one!!! I saw a video Kevin Brown made with Larry Kosilla, they have 20 polishers, using backing plates ranging from 30mm to 6", I might be happy when I have the same!

Profitability wise I come out much better doing wash, speedy prep, HGG, and interior vacuum and interior wipedown jobs. 

I always laugh to myself when someone says $300 is too much for the "works". They just don't realize how many hours I'm going to spend on their car. 6am to 9pm is usual for me. I have gone 6am to 1 am too! This includes leaving for a few hours and returning after the sealant has cured. Maybe with the extra time I have now using Adams, I can clean, seal and wax the paint under the trunk lid!!!!

I'll get all the sleep I need when I'm dead, let's polish something!

Edited by washemup