Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help from Saudi Arabia

bamaster

Question

Hello!

I live and work in Saudi.  I recently bought a 2009 Chevrolet Trailblazer.  And it's in desperate need of interior love.

The sun and sand are big problems over here.  Even though it has 20k miles in it, the vinyl is dirty and looks much older than it is.  Sand gets everywhere so it's constantly dusty.  Also, the cloth seats are a bit dirty, so they need to be cleaned.

Please advise on the products.  I'll be bringing these over from the US in my personal luggage, so I'd like to avoid aerosols to prevent customs issues.

1. Interior vinyl and plastic cleaning and conditioning

2. Fabric seats and carpet cleaner

3. General interior cleaner

I plan to get VRT for exterior black plastic trim, which looks as oxidized as can be. Also will be getting exterior cleaner.

Thanks in advance!

8 answers to this question

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you need the Adam's Interior 6 Pack.  It has all you need to clean and protect.

LIC for the vinyl and plastic, and LC for adding protection (works on plastic and vinyl, too).

CUC for the seats and carpet, along with the Interior Brush for stubborn stains.

And the TID to use as a general cleaner and conditioner.

Pick up some of the Edgeless Utility Towels, too.

The Leather Conditoner is your interiors best friend. Great SPF protection from the sun.  IF you use the Leather Cleaner on  your seats, you will absolutely need to use Conditioner afterwards. If you experience streaking, it simply means that your fabrics are absorbing product at different rates, some areas are soaking it up quicker.  Just reapply until you get uniform coverage. I use it on my dash and tops of my doors as well to protect from the sun.  

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you need the Adam's Interior 6 Pack.  It has all you need to clean and protect.

LIC for the vinyl and plastic, and LC for adding protection (works on plastic and vinyl, too).

CUC for the seats and carpet, along with the Interior Brush for stubborn stains.

And the TID to use as a general cleaner and conditioner.

Pick up some of the Edgeless Utility Towels, too.

This sounds like what I need.  I'll add some VRT.

Bonus question... what does Adam have for cloudy headlights?  Sun and sand causes the plastic to get cloudy a bit.  Mine aren't so bad but I'd rather then be clear as possible.

as far as restoring I dont think they have anything, You could use some compound to do it if they are not bad, they do sell "kits" for it at other places that are so so at doing the job. You can also wet sand if they are really bad. 

Once they are looking to your liking keep them waxed as Adam mentions in a couple vids and that will help keep the sand blasting they take to a minimum. 

You can polish and/or compound (with Correcting Polish) the headlights with 4" machine pads, it should help restore clarity to them.  Apply a coat of paint sealant to your headlights and tail lights every time you seal your car and it will stop them from getting cloudy.

If they are badly oxidized, the clear coating has failed on them and they would need to be wetsanded and polished and then a UV coating added back to keep the cloudiness from returning.