Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sidekick for Christmas!

chops1sc

Maybe someone can give a quick answer on this; how hot is the air supposed to get? I have only really ran it long enough to know it works but I didn't feel the air get hot, not even warm. Just the very start of the air stream coming out was getting luke warm. Any thoughts?

Maybe someone can give a quick answer on this; how hot is the air supposed to get? I have only really ran it long enough to know it works but I didn't feel the air get hot, not even warm. Just the very start of the air stream coming out was getting luke warm. Any thoughts?

I wouldn't say the air gets hot but it is warm enough to feel a 15-20 degree difference within 30-40 seconds. Some people expect it to be able to melt snow which is not the case, still a noticeable temp difference though.

They are supposed to, lol! I'll try running it a little longer. We were indoors and it was pretty loud so I just ran it to make sure it worked.

According to metrovac's website the sidekick doesn't have a heating element. If they do heat the air would someone explain to me how they do it. Motor heat maybe? But I can't see getting a noticeable amount of heat from that.

The Sidekick typically blows air which is about 10 degrees warmer than the air temperature in the environment it is being used. 

That is after being run for a little bit of time, and the heat is generated by the motor running inside the canister.