Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tolco sprayer & dilution bottle - how tight to assemble?

butters

Question

I got a few premium dilution bottles as gifts and I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong. I've read a lot of positive feedback, and I agree that the sprayer itself is awesome in terms of spray pattern, adjustment, and overall quality feel of operation.

However, I'm struggling a bit with leakiness at the bottle-sprayer seal (the threads). I mixed up some rinseless to use at a waterless ratio, and when I shake it up I get product coming out. This is annoying because we all know that most diluted products need to be shaken often.

The tolco head feels pretty tight and snug but should I be really cranking it on there? I'm afraid of breaking it. I'm thinking of applying some teflon tape but it seems that should be unnecessary. I will check my others and make sure it's not isolated to one bottle or sprayer that I have.

5 answers to this question

Hi Stephen, I've never had to tighten down any of my Premium Dilution Bottles extremely tight - nice and snug has been good enough for me. I just tested shaking up two bottles thoroughly and had no spills, so it's possible you might have a defective/warped bottle or sprayer.

Teflon tape would probably work, but send us an email to orders@adamspolishes.com with the order number and a few pictures of the bottle and inside view of the sprayer and we'll get you taken care of!

You know, I had that happen once or twice. But the dilution bottles are pretty solid HPDE plastic so you can crank them pretty tight but you shouldn't need it right enough that you need vice grips. I haven't had it happen recently.

I will tighten them up a bit more and see how it goes. If I still have trouble I will get in touch with Dan et co. Thank you

I dont have any problems with mine and love them, I use them for rinseless made into waterless all the time. 

What I do is to fill the bottle (duh) and then thread the top on lightly until it stops, youll feel it get fairly snug with very light pressure. Then I get a decent grip and just give it a good solid snuging 1/4 turn or so, you should feel a definate stop on it. If you are only doing the lightly hand tight you are most likely not getting the seal that is built into the sprayer to fully engage.