Customer Service 866.965.0400

I've struck liquid white gold!!

MrRaspberryJam

Question

I'm not usually this happy on a Tuesday afternoon at work but Adams always puts a smile on my face!

Finally tried out some super VRT on my stripes and they came out almost perfect! They did exactly what I wanted them to, got rid of the swirl marks and minor scratches and scuffs. The finish was dry to the touch but the surface looked really greasy and even had a few smudges and streaks. I took some pictures but it's hard to tell. Basically I wiped down the stripes first with detail spray then applied the VRT with a block sponge and wiped off the residue with a glass towel (only one I had with me). Anything you guys can help out with that has to do with getting a nice clean finish altogether??

Jam onpost-13943-0-90157700-1456272390_thumb.jpegpost-13943-0-57734300-1456272411_thumb.jpegpost-13943-0-69674800-1456272428_thumb.jpegpost-13943-0-37433100-1456272442_thumb.jpeg

23 answers to this question

You could try cleaning them with a couple ounces of APC in you wash water, make sure that they are cool to the touch then re apply SVRT or BG. Also try not to get the wash solutions on your paint because it will strip for wax or sealant.

So the APC won't hurt the stripes as long as it's diluted?

Do you have any Waterless Wash? It has no gloss enhancement so you can give the stripes a wipe and it should remove any of the excess.

For what it's worth, I would dilute the VRT 1:1 to use on vinyl stripes, as there is only so much material to soak up the VRT. The smudges and streaks are excess product on the surface.

As opposed to plastic trim and tires which is much more porous and the product has more leeway to "soak in" the surface.

Make sense?

Do you have any Waterless Wash? It has no gloss enhancement so you can give the stripes a wipe and it should remove any of the excess.

For what it's worth, I would dilute the VRT 1:1 to use on vinyl stripes, as there is only so much material to soak up the VRT. The smudges and streaks are excess product on the surface.

As opposed to plastic trim and tires which is much more porous and the product has more leeway to "soak in" the surface.

Make sense?

Makes a lot of sense man thanks for the input! This morning I took a microfiber towel with some all purpose cleaner to the stripes and that did the trick. Streaks and smudges are gone but so is the VRT (swirl marks are back) so this time I'm gonna probably do it at night so it's cooler out plus rub it in way better and buff it better and probably try diluting first like you said!