Customer Service 866.965.0400

New to the forums and looking for info!

clg82

Hey everyone I'm new to the forums as well as "truly detailing my car"....I have used a lot of the "high end" waxes and polishes that you can buy at Vatozone, or Walmart and am looking to step up my game.  Hopefully I've come to the right place. I've already ordered some tire shine as well as the interior cleaner and leather cleaner as test subjects to determine if I'll like and move onto the wax and polishes that Adams offers....here is what I'll be working with...

IMG_58101_zpsxbmg9jyg.jpg

IMG_58091_zpshqs1xsxz.jpg

Nice car.  I think you will enjoy the Adams products a lot.  I bought a few items and them more and more and...

Everything works well together and is easy to use. REALLY easy actually. Its not the cheapest stuff on the market but think its worth the price. Nice to have a forum to learn how to use it too.

Not sure how you use your vehicle and what elements it will see but I would personally strip clean it, claybar and use the Adams paint correction products if you have a buffer. Even a cheap Porter Cable does a great job. From there your choice of wax and/or sealant depending on the vehicle use.

You mentioned Tire shine.  You should also try VRT and see what you think for rubber and trim.

Welcome to the site.

Nice car.  I think you will enjoy the Adams products a lot.  I bought a few items and them more and more and...

Everything works well together and is easy to use. REALLY easy actually. Its not the cheapest stuff on the market but think its worth the price. Nice to have a forum to learn how to use it too.

Not sure how you use your vehicle and what elements it will see but I would personally strip clean it, claybar and use the Adams paint correction products if you have a buffer. Even a cheap Porter Cable does a great job. From there your choice of wax and/or sealant depending on the vehicle use.

You mentioned Tire shine.  You should also try VRT and see what you think for rubber and trim.

Welcome to the site.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome....living in so-cal has its perks as the car is only driven on the weekends and is stored throughout the week....so it's never out in the hot sun....or any kind of elements.......how do you suggest strip cleaning it?  dawn dish soap?

Welcome Chris....Nice car, you definitely came to the right place!

thanks chris!  great name by the way lol....wish i would have saw the 10% discount before ordering this morning....hopefully it will still be active when i'm ready to pull the trigger on a packaged deal on here.

Welcome to the forum Chris!

If you did not already order some, definitely get some Leather Conditioner to treat and protect your seats after cleaning them.

For a strip wash, add about 3oz of All Purpose Cleaner to your wash bucket, along with the car wash shampoo.  Dawn dish soap can dry out your plastic and rubber trim, and it also does not have the same type of lubricants that a quality car wash shampoo has.

Welcome to the forum Chris!

If you did not already order some, definitely get some Leather Conditioner to treat and protect your seats after cleaning them.

For a strip wash, add about 3oz of All Purpose Cleaner to your wash bucket, along with the car wash shampoo.  Dawn dish soap can dry out your plastic and rubber trim, and it also does not have the same type of lubricants that a quality car wash shampoo has.

Forgive me for asking but is that the all purpose cleaner found on the Adams website?

Well your vehicle duties are similar to mine.

As mentioned above all purpose cleaner and a good claybar job will get you ready.

The two Adams paint correction products are very easy to use and do a great job. That is where your shine starts so dont skip that step.  I just detail my own stuff and the porter cable does a good job for me. If I did more I would step up to a Rupes or Flex to save time and vibration (on me).

I dont know for sure but all Adams waxes (three types) will probably give you similar results on your white. The buttery is easy to apply and remove. Actually I am told the other two are as well.  I have some patriot on order but have not tried it yet. Longevity will be the biggest difference for you.

Don't forget quality towels.  No reason to start the damage process over again by using substandard towels.

And the best tip I learned on this forum which has forever changed my drying process.  After I have the vehicle mostly dry (I use air) I spritz the entire thing down with detailing spray and finish wiping it down.  You will never dry again without doing that !

You will learn a lot more if you hang around here but those are some basics from a newbie as well.

Well your vehicle duties are similar to mine.

As mentioned above all purpose cleaner and a good claybar job will get you ready.

The two Adams paint correction products are very easy to use and do a great job. That is where your shine starts so dont skip that step.  I just detail my own stuff and the porter cable does a good job for me. If I did more I would step up to a Rupes or Flex to save time and vibration (on me).

I dont know for sure but all Adams waxes (three types) will probably give you similar results on your white. The buttery is easy to apply and remove. Actually I am told the other two are as well.  I have some patriot on order but have not tried it yet. Longevity will be the biggest difference for you.

Don't forget quality towels.  No reason to start the damage process over again by using substandard towels.

And the best tip I learned on this forum which has forever changed my drying process.  After I have the vehicle mostly dry (I use air) I spritz the entire thing down with detailing spray and finish wiping it down.  You will never dry again without doing that !

You will learn a lot more if you hang around here but those are some basics from a newbie as well.

a lot of great info in there and I appreciate the step by step help....there is about a million products for sale on the adams website and finding info on which step to do in order has become very difficult.....and if I don't have a "porter" can I still apply everything in which you suggested and still get great results?  or is the porter a must?

welcome to the forums some great advice above! I will say detail spray is absolutely wonderful to use, youll want it in large quantities. 

thanks pirahnah!  A question about the detail spray....is it bad to do a full detail spray on, say a car that just got done driving a couple of hours when you get home to bring the shine back?  I guess what I'm asking is, is it bad to do the detail spray on a car that hasn't been washed and that has been driven?

a lot of great info in there and I appreciate the step by step help....there is about a million products for sale on the adams website and finding info on which step to do in order has become very difficult.....and if I don't have a "porter" can I still apply everything in which you suggested and still get great results?  or is the porter a must?

I guess that depends on the condition of the paint. Even though it looks pristine you might be shocked the difference after an hour or two with a porter cable and paint correcting polish. As I said the shine starts there.  You can drop $1000 on a can of wax that will have little effect if you shortcut the process.

Here is a good start. I believe they are working on a detailed PDF...

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f209/adams-polishes-detailing-guide-45736/#post940136

Welcome to the forum Chris. I have two white cars and just posted up some pics of what I did today. Check it out. http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/30600-daily-drivers-turn/

And some advice....if you use the Leather Cleaner you definitely want to use the Leather Conditioner afterward to keep your leathers and vinyls treated and moisturized. Plus the Conditioner has a high SPF factor for sun protection.  

:welcomebanner: :welcomebanner: