Customer Service 866.965.0400

New truck first wash

dcpac

Question

I get back to the states in a couple weeks and pick up my brand new truck that is sitting in the dealership storage lot waiting on me. They have promised not to wash it. Below is my plan and what I ordered. Am I missing anything?

Plan:

- Strip Wash - add ~3 oz All Purpose Cleaner to your soap bucket with Car Wash Shampoo

- Clay Bar

- Liquid paint sealant

- Buttery Wax

Ordered:

Great White Microfiber Drying Towel ( several)

Buttery Wax 16oz

Yellow Waxing Hex Grip Applicator

Single Soft Towel 1 Pack

Blue Microfiber Applicator Pads (2 Pack)

Liquid Paint Sealant 8oz

Double Soft Microfiber Towel 1 Pack

Complete 2 Bucket Car Wash Kit

Detail Spray & Visco Clay Bar Combo

All Purpose Cleaner Gallon

Basic Total Interior Detailer

12 answers to this question

Congrats on your new truck.

What color is it? If it's not a say a black or red you may or may not notice any difference after applying your Buttery.

Our PS will give you great protection on it's own. One more thing you might add H20 G&G to your list.

Post up some pics.

Yea the buttery is great stuff and I like the results. But it really does not last long which I doubt anyone will argue.  So unless you want to wax for therapy (as Adam says in the video) then you might want something different.

I personally would liquid paint sealant the thing and then add a coat of wax on top it it was mine. Preferably Americana based on his use.

Sounds like a good plan of attack.

Buttery wax might be a bit overkill in your situation but try it and see for yourself. It shows more on certain colours than others, you have a darker colour so you might be able to see a difference.

Thanks for all the replies. Just to make sure I understand I could just use LPS and no wax if I wanted? Right now I think I will use the buttery wax on my truck and my wife's car until it runs out then start using Americana.

Thanks again for all the advice

The wax thing is probably the most under-understood!? issue of car care. Most street people automatically associate wax with protection and if there is no wax, there is no protection which is not true given the arrival of sealants and other stuff on the market

Adams has a good thread on those here:

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/27631-faq-should-i-use-wax-or-sealant-on-my-car/page-1?do=findComment&comment=434202

Edited by AvsBest