Customer Service 866.965.0400

Stubborn polish on trim

AvsBest

Question

I tried searching for this simple question but got nothing. By the way, the forum search engine could certainly get an update, sometimes my exact research criteria answer is in the 3rd page...

Anyhow, I've had success with APC and/or peanut butter in the past but not this time around. Any tips? It's been on there for a month or 2 now, in the sun...

12 answers to this question

Is it smooth it textured? APC and a toothbrush. It will turn into foam and then I let it dwell a little longer before I wipe it off. Sometimes, a repeat (or two) of that process is required.

I too am interested to see if the new cleaner would work for this. But it's called "tire and rubber" cleaner. I assume you're talking, as I am, about plastic trim pieces, not rubber.

I'll try the toothbrush. I'm sure the new stuff works great but I don't have any use for it at the moment and don't feel like getting a bottle just for that purpose. A bit of a pain to cross the border nust for 1 bottle. I kinda need a jug of APC though hmmm

I too am interested to see if the new cleaner would work for this. But it's called "tire and rubber" cleaner. I assume you're talking, as I am, about plastic trim pieces, not rubber.

Darryl IMO it should be called Tire & Trim Cleaner since those are really the intended uses and would help clarify - Tire & Rubber IMO is a bit redundant because besides rubber hoses and such there aren't many other rubber surfaces on a vehicle to clean (rubber door seals?) -

+1 for pink pencil eraser.

When I started driving back in 2003 I remember keeping a pink eraser in my trunk with my bottle of Megs QD, a cheapo MF towel and a clay bar as I had some lower black trims which wouldn't always should wax residue until a day or two later - I had an "emergency kit" even back in the day lol