Customer Service 866.965.0400

How Often Do You Wash Your Great White Drying Towel

matty

Question

I apologize if this has been covered before but I spent some time reading through the forums and I haven't seen it.  

I'm just curious how often everyone washes their drying towels?  I use the Great White Drying Towel to dry my truck after a wash (which is a great towel by the way) and I have just been spraying it down with the hose real good and wringing it out after I'm done then letting it air dry.  Should I be washing it after every truck wash?  

Thanks in advance.

12 answers to this question

After I use every towel I have it goes into a laundry bag. When that bag gets full I wash them. It might take a month, it might take 2 weeks, but I wait until that bag is full (OR if I'm out of towels, lol)

Edited by chops1sc

The drying towel should stay clean after your dry the car because you just washed it... Having said that you might miss a spot or 2 that you pick up with the drying towel. Long story short, I only wash it when there is a few black/dirt spots on it

After every wash. No water is pure and paint never stays clean.

The minute you rinse your car there is dust on it again. The minute you wipe it off more dust. All of that adds up and gets collected into the towel. Not to mention whatever is in your water. Water spots come from impurity in the water and that all gets gunked up into the towel too.

Also if you use a drying agent like diluted Rinseless, Waterless Wash or Detail Spray that all gets into the towel as well. I know when I use Rinseless to help dry I don't see it on the towel but if the towel dries before I wash it, it has blue spots on it.

Every wash. Microfiber holds everything (because its designed to).

Jason's post is right on the money. Dirt, dust, minerals and small particles are all in constant contact with the car and in the water.

I had this same question in the past after I washed my car to essentially knock off a layer of dust. It was one of those washes that only us OCD folks would understand. Car still looked great and really had little to no build up on it. The towel looked bleach white after I was done. Long story short, after all the feedback from the Forum, I have decided to wash mine after every use, no matter what. I think that's the best way to go.

Edited by Junior

After every wash.

I have clean towels in totes and a laundry bag for stuff that will go into the wash.  Part of the problem for me is I dont have a third spot to keep stuff I 'might' be able to use again.  I will never put anything back in the clean storage as I dont want to chance contaminating anything not to mention I would not want to do it with a damp or wet towel.  So anything even marginal goes to laundry bag.

I am a bit obsessive-compulsive about using towels neatly folded...switching from dirty side to a clean side as needed.  If enough clean sides remain I will use the clean sides at a later date.