Customer Service 866.965.0400

Help getting the most out of my suds...

clg82

Question

Hey everyone, every time I put soap on the adams wash pad and try to get it to "suds up" with the hose I always find that I'm running out of suds after doing just the hood.  I find myself having to add more soap to the actual water in the bucket, and than adding even more water after that too get more suds....am I doing something wrong?  I followed the youtube video and Adams shows himself adding soap to the actual pad as opposed to the water....any tips and tricks as to get more suds out of my car shampoo?

12 answers to this question

I add it to the pad as well but its just to have a place to shoot the hose at and agitate. The soap is mixed into the water when I am done filling.

I am not going for suds anyway. Just want lubricated water with some cleaning action.

Edited by rrmccabe

How much soap are you using? I fill 2 gallons with water, add 2 oz of soap then I mix with my hand and add another gallon and 1/2 of water. I never have an issue with suds and I don't put soap on my pads as it just gets scrubbed away on the Grit Guard in my rinse bucket. I mostly rinsless wash these days but still enjoy the traditional way every once in awhile

Hmm maybe by adding it to the wash pad the soap is getting absorbed into it....I use about 2 ounces every wash....maybe I should start adding it to just the bucked and not the wash pad instead?

I start with water just past the grit guard and add my soap. Then I blast it either with the hose or my pressure washer (depending on what I'm using). I try to add another gallon of water but I really dont know how much Im getting lol. I always have to add water to the bucket after halfway. This gives me a little more suds to finish the truck.

When you say running out of suds... Can you be more specific?

I'm not clear on whether you're running out of bubbles ("suds") or running out of water/shampoo solution altogether. If you're not getting enough bubbles/suds/slickness to last the entire car, you need to use more shampoo with your water in the bucket. If the bucket is running dry, you need more water and probably more shampoo too.

Adding water to get more suds is counterproductive, as you're diluting the bucket. Suds is really not what you want, it's just a visual indicator and a byproduct of the process.

I'm running out of "bubbles"....

If the shampoo solution that you dip your wash pad into is still slippery/slick and clinging to the paint as you wash, then that's okay.

If your solution is going flat in terms of color and slickness, and when you wipe the car it streaks with water beads and not much else, then you aren't adding enough shampoo.

I think 2oz is a lot, so you might just try adding straight to the bucket instead of the pad. The main thing is to fill slowly at first to avoid splashing/spray, but make sure that all of the shampoo gets picked up off the bottom of the bucket so that it can mix properly.

Edited by butters