Customer Service 866.965.0400

how about making liquid paint sealant into a spray?

thought liquid paint sealant lasts 6-8 months depending upon the conditions and how much guard an gloss you use to maintain it. what i'm suggesting it that a make a sprayable paint sealant like guard and gloss. guard and gloss doesn't last that long maybe a few weeks from what i've heard. 

thought liquid paint sealant lasts 6-8 months depending upon the conditions and how much guard an gloss you use to maintain it. what i'm suggesting it that a make a sprayable paint sealant like guard and gloss. guard and gloss doesn't last that long maybe a few weeks from what i've heard.

I see what you mean. I'm guessing that the challenge lies in making something sprayable that will still be as brutally strong.

The G&G can last 2 months in the same way LPS can last 6 months. I think most of us will not let it go that long between applications simply because it's so easy, which is another reason why it's more than acceptable to last "only" a couple months.

Another thing to consider, it might have been that you used too much paint sealant. It's easy to overdo it, and will make removal more difficult. With the right thin application it's a very easy product to work with.

Dam i guess i put it on too thick can someone with photos show how much i should put on a pad besides a quarter and see how it looks once applied to the vehicle? It looked covered like a polish by the time i was done. I just want the water to run off an car to be protected is all i want ????

With our Paint Sealant, it can be a somewhat tricky product to apply the first time you use it. You will want to make sure to apply it as thin and even as possible, whether applying by hand or by machine. With a machine, after thoroughly shaking the bottle, I will squeeze out a small amount in a circle on a gray foam pad, and then spread that onto a panel, e.g. half of a hood, using zero downward pressure on the machine, at a slow speed setting. You aren't trying to do any correction at all with this product, so there is no need to press down on the pad at all - just keep the pad face flat to the surface and under control.

I do let LPS haze up onto the surface longer than I would with our Buttery Wax, Brilliant Glaze, etc, sometimes 15-20 minutes or more before wiping off the residue. Then I will always flip my towel over and wipe a second time to ensure I don't have any smearing effects afterward.

With H2O Guard, it gives a similar effect, as it is an acrylic based sealant as well, but it's not quite as durable. However, on my last daily driver, I can say that I applied a coat of H2O Guard in February and it was still beading water excellently more than 4 months later as a test, and the only thing under it as far as protection was the layer of H2O Guard that I had applied a few months before that. So it is a fairly durable product in some cases, but it does work awesome and it is easy enough that I like to use it every 4-5 washes normally for added shine and protection.

With the thickness of LPS, it would be difficult to make it into a spray without an entire reformulation of the product, and then it would no longer be a good product to apply with a machine as well.

With our Paint Sealant, it can be a somewhat tricky product to apply the first time you use it. You will want to make sure to apply it as thin and even as possible, whether applying by hand or by machine. With a machine, after thoroughly shaking the bottle, I will squeeze out a small amount in a circle on a gray foam pad, and then spread that onto a panel, e.g. half of a hood, using zero downward pressure on the machine, at a slow speed setting. You aren't trying to do any correction at all with this product, so there is no need to press down on the pad at all - just keep the pad face flat to the surface and under control.

I do let LPS haze up onto the surface longer than I would with our Buttery Wax, Brilliant Glaze, etc, sometimes 15-20 minutes or more before wiping off the residue. Then I will always flip my towel over and wipe a second time to ensure I don't have any smearing effects afterward.

With H2O Guard, it gives a similar effect, as it is an acrylic based sealant as well, but it's not quite as durable. However, on my last daily driver, I can say that I applied a coat of H2O Guard in February and it was still beading water excellently more than 4 months later as a test, and the only thing under it as far as protection was the layer of H2O Guard that I had applied a few months before that. So it is a fairly durable product in some cases, but it does work awesome and it is easy enough that I like to use it every 4-5 washes normally for added shine and protection.

With the thickness of LPS, it would be difficult to make it into a spray without an entire reformulation of the product, and then it would no longer be a good product to apply with a machine as well.

My only problem is i dont have a machine all i have is applicator pads. So now how do i do it then!! Hah! A quarter size dropplet and just rub onto car? No smearing it in the applicator pad correct?

Yes, or 3 pea size drops on the applicator.  

I use 6" machine pad to hand apply PS.  It is firmer than the hex grip and MF applicators, so it is a little easier to use, and allows me to get a thinner coat of the product applied. 

• 1 month later...

Correct. Quick Sealant. We had to discontinue it at the beginning of the year due to new VOC restrictions.

Don't worry, as always we are testing and working on some new things :)

Is a new Quick Sealant coming out soon.  It was a great product for wheels after every wash.

I had trouble with the LPS at first too. I was just using too much product. Which seems to be my problem on everything I try for the first time. The LPS has been on my daily for over 4 months now. I did it on one fender to test its durability. It doesnt bead water well anymore. However, after driving through the rain. The fender that has the LPS on it is always brighter and cleaner than the rest of the car. So I know it's still working. And after using the H20 GG the one body panel really sticks out from the rest of the car now. After using the LPS on a different car, and letting it sit for 20 minutes, it came off way easier.