Customer Service 866.965.0400

Polish drying up quickly....

PT3

Question

Hey....

I used my Cyclo for the first time.... It seemed the product was drying up extremely quickly. So I found myself using DS and more product WAY more than I would expect.

Thoughts?

post-12257-0-89176300-1471813473_thumb.jpeg

post-12257-0-85407100-1471813486_thumb.jpeg

Edited by PT3

11 answers to this question

Did you do one panel at a time? And for my experience I just used a little of the pcp with this product less is more. If it is getting hard to take out put some brilliant glaze on top and it should wipe away easily.

Nice car! If you're talking about finishing polish drying up, try not to work it in too much. Finishing polish has little abrasion so theres no need to let it flash off the paint or work it in. I treat it like a glaze that need to be worked in a little more. Then wipe off right away before it gets dry. If you're having this problem with Correction Polish your pad might have too much product built up in the pad.

I've had the same problem. You have to work in a really small area with the polish if working in high temps and humidity.

Thanks guys! I was working in a 2'x2' spot. But....it was super hot and humid. Though, the sun was setting and behind the trees (FYI)

it was super hot and humid.

This plays a factor

Thanks guys! I was working in a 2'x2' spot. But....it was super hot and humid. Though, the sun was setting and behind the trees (FYI)

You were working outside?

This plays a factor

You were working outside?

^x3 - didn't you build a garage last year Phil? 

Hey guys.... I didn't 'build' a garage per se.  I just renovated my 1-car garage.  I could have done it inside the garage.... but the temp/humidity would have been the same.  And since the sun was setting I didn't have to worry about direct sunlight while being outside.  

Hey guys.... I didn't 'build' a garage per se.  I just renovated my 1-car garage.  I could have done it inside the garage.... but the temp/humidity would have been the same.  And since the sun was setting I didn't have to worry about direct sunlight while being outside.

But if your car was outside throughout the day the paint would have been at least warm if not still hot

If you are working in the sun you will experience your polishing drying out, try using less polish and a little more DS. And if possible find some shade to work in.

But if your car was outside throughout the day the paint would have been at least warm if not still hot

That is what I was getting at.  Especially with black paint.  It doesn't take long for it to get warm or hot.

Thanks guys.  Totally understand.  Man there are so many aspects that need to be considered.