Customer Service 866.965.0400

Dog Hair Removal and Prevention

Bryce

Question

Hey everyone,

I've been looking around online but haven't found anything too concrete on pet hair.  I seem to run a lot of advertisement that seem to be like "as seen on TV" sort of untested products.

We have a Chihuahua mix that we adopted a few years ago.  He loves to ride everywhere with us, but his hair likes to stay in the car.  I spent the better part of 3 hours just trying to get as much of his hair out as possible.  

I am looking for a process or a tool to remove the pet hair from my carpet and to also maybe keep it from traveling so much.  I am thinking maybe a blanket or something in the back for him would hopefully trap some of the hair.  I have tried a squeegee and rubber gloves with no luck whatsoever.

untitled-0504.jpg

12 answers to this question

Do a search we just talked about it recently with our American Bulldogs. Mine is 80 lbs with short white hairs. That's a small dog! Haha

Get a Ridgid shop vac at Home Depot and vaccum often. Avoid black interiors. Get all weather mats so you can apc and rinse them. Use sidekick to blow off the interior.

Thanks for the replies.  Sorry Jason, I must have missed it on here.  

Our little guy, Rebel, might be small but he can shed with the best of them!  Admittedly, I did let it go too long this time and that is what made it so time intensive.  I even un-bolted our seats just to get it all.

Are there any certain attachments that work best for you?  I find on the floor mats, I can just vacuum them with an indoor vacuum and get it all out.

Get this attachment and hold it at a 45 degree angle to the carpet and swipe side to side.  Not front to back.  Works every time and it doesn't matter the dog.  I have 4 German Shepherds and my wife regularly watches other peoples dogs of different breeds.  

I might also add that it is really no more work than a regular vacuum job.  It is the technique.  

Edited by LFairbanks

google "speedy stone hair remover" , pulls hair right out of carpets and is cheap.. Best thing I've used for it

I saw that while googling.  Is it basically a pumice stone?  Does it damage the carpet at all?

Ha! I have two Siberian huskies, they never go in the Durango but there's still loads of hair that gets tracked into it. My wife's SUV is for transporting them and it's a nightmare. My suggestion is to get the rubber type static brush, it really works wonders. Also if it's real bad I start by blowing out the interior and then vacuum. It's a rather serious issue because excessive/aggressive vacuuming leads to the carpet wearing much faster, especially on thinner carpet, also I've seen more wear from the stone. The pic is hair from brushing one side of my 10 month old pup, I good have gone all day and not got it all out.post-6284-0-27369800-1472442964_thumb.jpeg

Edited by vobro

Get this attachment and hold it at a 45 degree angle to the carpet and swipe side to side.  Not front to back.  Works every time and it doesn't matter the dog.  I have 4 German Shepherds and my wife regularly watches other peoples dogs of different breeds.  

I might also add that it is really no more work than a regular vacuum job.  It is the technique.  

Agreed !  That nozzle and the Crevice tool are really all I use - I have the 1 7/8" attachments on my 5 hp 4 gallon Ridgid - the slightly smaller attachments make getting everywhere pretty easy - I have the dusting brush too but barely use it

But yes hold it at an angle to the carpet and just swipe side to side and its pretty awesome -