Customer Service 866.965.0400

What do you do/ use to get Beach Sand and Dog Hair out of Carpets?

Sunshine

Question

I love my car and love to take the dogs for rides as well as take the kids to the beach.  The car is my daily drive. 

The Adams products have my car looking clean and smelling fantastic!  No one would know how hard we are on it.  I have one issue though- the CARPETS!  

I am interested to know what others use to get the dog hair out of the carpet as well as beach sand. No matter how mush or hard I vacuum- it does not seem like I get anywhere! 

Thank you!!  

8 answers to this question

I just started a thread on this a week or so ago.  One person mentioned a pet hair stone which I guess is similar to a pumice stone.  Another user mentioned a certain attachment that you sweep side to side with your shop vac.  I have found the second option to work best.

My truck is on the beach all the time while surf fishing. I vacuum the best I can and if it is real bad hitting it with an air gun helps a lot getting the sand up on the top or blown right out. A combination of the air and the vac seem to work very well. Just you might have to get some of the sand off of your dash afterwords.

For particulate matter, probably vacuum and vacuum and vacuum. Then for hair, I've seen one of those lint rollers do an excellent job getting hair out of a canvas convertible top. You can periodically tear off the old to expose the new sheet.

I can't remember where I learned this trick but if you have the bristle brush for a polisher, You can hang the mats and run the polisher on them to basically vibrate the sand loose. For installed upholstry, I would try using a shop vac while using the polisher w/bristle brush. You'll notice the dirt and sand tends to "jump" around. The shop vac should take it right out of the air and the rest will be on top of the carpet.

I just started a thread on this a week or so ago.  One person mentioned a pet hair stone which I guess is similar to a pumice stone.  Another user mentioned a certain attachment that you sweep side to side with your shop vac.  I have found the second option to work best.

Glad to hear that it worked for you.

For the OP in this thread, here is a link to the attachment.  Hold it at a 45 degree angle to the carpet and sweep it side to side.  Not front to back.  Works perfectly every time.  Sorry I can't help you with your sand issue.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-2-1-2-in-Car-Nozzle-Accessory-for-RIDGID-Wet-Dry-Vacs-VT2503/100070876