Customer Service 866.965.0400

Gum on my hood

Thorsager

I was at work today and received a call from a friend who told me that someone spit/put gum on the hood of my car. She removed the gum and called me. I went out with security and filed a report only to find out that the two cameras covering the area are broken. I also think whoever did this spit on the side window of my car. No damage done. I had just recently applied a coat of the new Americana so I was protected. The residue on the hood and whatever was on my side window came off with rinseless wash. Needless to say I will not drive neither of my Challengers to work anymore. I will never understand what makes people do what they do.

post-7699-0-19722500-1475716127_thumb.jpg

Get a dash cam and mount it in a super obvious place inside the windshield. I had one for my Raptor because my paranoia was unreal. If people see it, they tend to mess with your stuff less, whether it's on or not.

What Mariner said....I have front and rear dash cam setup in my DD Cruze. It is a ThinkWare F750 front camera, X500 rear camera with the hardwire kit that allows parking and motion monitoring. I bought it mainly for driveway security but the piece of mind that if someone was to hit and run in a parking lot accident or on the road, it would provide evidence to set fault for the claim.

Edited by SumBeach35

When anything like this happens it always bothers me so much because people are so stupid. I actually had someone literally throw up on the hood of my old tc, which just so happened to be white.  Glad to see that no damage was done and you were able to remove all residue.  Whenever I see things like this it makes me feel like I need to get a camera set up for my car, just to be on the safe side. 

I spliced my cam into the harness of my rear view mirror to avoid messy wires. But for my current vehicle I don't have a cam yet. But something about that big fish eye lens really deters people. Some people are just really jealous of nice stuff.. lots of a**holes in the world.

• 2 weeks later...

I had something similar happen to me not to late after I got my scion, huge scratch to the rear quarter panel. I was lived. I've since then compounded and polished to show room. Work shouldnt be a place for such pettiness. I may have to invest in those dash cams as for mentioned...