Customer Service 866.965.0400

Microfiber revitalizer

PostalTwo

Question

12 answers to this question

I've been using it for years and I use my towels hard.  Laundry 3 to 4 times per week.  I've got borderless blues and double softs that I swear I could almost put back on my retail shelves and sell as new.  I love this stuff!

Just add a few ounces to the washer with your regular (dye free, bleach free, perfume free) soap.  It will keep your towels looking and feeling new for a good long time.

Edited by Odds and Ends

After a detail, I'll give each towel a spritz and throw it in one of my buckets with a grit guard on top and let them sit til I have enough for a full load. Sometimes it'll be a couple weeks before I wash them. Then I'll pour an oz or so into the washer with them during the cycle. It's meant to maintain the microfiber because they're so delicate. A lot of people here use the same towels for years because of their careful microfiber cleaning processes. It pays to take care of them over time.

Ok so more of a conditioner/softener then opposed to detergent . Thanks guys

No, it is not a conditioner/softener.

Microfiber Revitalizer & Brightener is a detergent designed specifically for removing waxes, polymers, polishes, and oils commonly associated with detailing.  While it is often used as a pre-treatment that is sprayed on stains or soiled areas, it is also used as the detergent when machine washing.  Just add 2-3 ounces to the deterent dispenser in the washer (not the bleach or fabric softener trays).

Regular laundry detergent is not strong enough to remove many of the detailing products from towels.

Exactly right Dan.  Use it as the detergent for your towels.  I've filled my washer with water and added some and let them soak for a while if they're heavy with product, then I drain that water and wash in the Microfiber Revitalizer .  I also dry my towels in the dryer. 90% of my towels are still in good shape. 

Only thing it doesn't work on is the Guard and Gloss towels once they've dried. Nothing works on those.

will it cut LPS? I had a hell of a time getting one of my microfiber applicators clean, even soaking it APC for days. And yes, I did load the pad up pretty good with LPS, layed down a pretty heavy coat. 

Edited by DREWBUSH

will it cut LPS? I had a hell of a time getting one of my microfiber applicators clean, even soaking it APC for days. And yes, I did load the pad up pretty good with LPS, layed down a pretty heavy coat. 

Have you tried boiling them?  

I've been using it for years and I use my towels hard.  Laundry 3 to 4 times per week.  I've got borderless blues and double softs that I swear I could almost put back on my retail shelves and sell as new.  I love this stuff!

Just add a few ounces to the washer with your regular (dye free, bleach free, perfume free) soap.  It will keep your towels looking and feeling new for a good long time.

Interesting. So you actually use the MR in conjunction with dye free, bleach free, perfume free soap? I've only ever washed my towels with MR and no soap additive and found that to be sufficient. I'll soak some of my towels (particularly using G&G) in APC and warm water for a bit before putting them in the washer, but I've never added the soap as you described. Do you think I should be?