Customer Service 866.965.0400

Not getting results - is it my pad?

Quick Time Detailing

Question

I've been using PCP and PFP on two big jobs, the second of which I tried going lighter on product because the first job had a lot of residue leftover that was hard to remove. But anyway I've found that there are still micro scratches that are real stubborn and won't come out. I'm using a Torq10FX polisher and (sorry) Hex Logic pads from Chemical Guys, using about 1-2 drops of product per panel after an initial 4 drops on the first panel, and going at speed setting 5 or 6 out of 6. I haven't tried the Adams pads because they're 4" and my backing plates are 5" and 6".

Maybe I'm not spending enough time and need to do one panel like three times to get rid of the micro scratches, but I thought for sure with these two polishes that a very thorough coating of each would suffice. What's the problem?

7 answers to this question

Sorry, not real sure what the issue could be, but to address one of your points, Adam's does sell pads for 5" backing plates. Here's the kit:

http://adamspolishes.com/shop/accessories/buffing-pads-applicators/adam-s-gen5-6-pad-bundle.html

The orange w/ black MF cutting pad may be best suited for what you're looking for. Good luck!

Nick, I can't speak for your pads, but my guess is that you need to apply a little more pressure and slow down your machine.

also you need to do a 2x2 test spot and don't move on until you have corrected the test spot. That way you will know what it is going to take to correct your paint.

Nick, I can't speak for your pads, but my guess is that you need to apply a little more pressure and slow down your machine.

also you need to do a 2x2 test spot and don't move on until you have corrected the test spot. That way you will know what it is going to take to correct your paint.

Slow down the speed to maybe a 4?

Slow down the speed to maybe a 4?

he is referring to arm speed not polisher speed . Move your machine to speed 6 and slow your arm speed . I highly recommend adams pads . He makes it so easy everything is colour matched orange pads with orange polish . White pads with white polish .