Customer Service 866.965.0400

Acronym Expansion

TheWolf

The Acronym Expansion list has been updated to include the new products.  To use these, simply type the uppercase letters for the product you want, and they will automatically expand into the full product description once you click Post.

For example, typing S K P, but without the spaces between the letters, will result in "Swirl Killer Polisher" in the posted content.

AE1.JPG

AE2.JPG

Also note that a few of the original acronyms were revised to avoid confusion:

Glass Sealant was revised to G L S, so "Buick Regal GS" will not expand to "Buick Regal Glass Sealant".

Patriot Wax was revised to P W X, to avoid confusion with the abbreviation PW for Pressure Washer.

Odor Neutralizer was revised to O D N, since the forum discount code "SHINE ON" was expanding to "SHINE Odor Neutralizer".

• 2 years later...
On 11/20/2016 at 4:37 PM, TheWolf said:

The Acronym Expansion list has been updated to include the new products.  To use these, simply type the uppercase letters for the product you want, and they will automatically expand into the full product description once you click Post.

For example, typing S K P, but without the spaces between the letters, will result in "Swirl Killer Polisher" in the posted content.

I BOLDED the portion of the original post that I am asking about.

Not sure if it is my Mac using Safari or something else but I am seeing Acronym's in posts and they haven't expanded when it posts. Is it my laptop or is it not supposed to?

Thanks in advance.

56 minutes ago, SgtLip said:

I BOLDED the portion of the original post that I am asking about.

Not sure if it is my Mac using Safari or something else but I am seeing Acronym's in posts and they haven't expanded when it posts. Is it my laptop or is it not supposed to?

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, the acronym expansion that was supported by the previous forum software is not a feature of the current software.

Instead of auto-expanding the abbreviation, this software underlines it, and the product name shows up when you mouse over it, which is not much help on mobile.

On 8/11/2019 at 11:21 PM, TheWolf said:

Unfortunately, the acronym expansion that was supported by the previous forum software is not a feature of the current software.

Instead of auto-expanding the abbreviation, this software underlines it, and the product name shows up when you mouse over it, which is not much help on mobile.

Not on a mobile. I use a Mac laptop using Safari. I don't get the mouse over response.

2 hours ago, SgtLip said:

Not on a mobile. I use a Mac laptop using Safari. I don't get the mouse over response.

If I have my pop up blocker turned on in Safari it won't show them either, but with the pop up blocker it does.  I have marked the Adam's Forum and Polishes sites as Trusted so things work as expected.  The pop up blocker in chrome does not affect the mouse over on the Mac or Windows machine.

On 8/11/2019 at 9:21 PM, TheWolf said:

That explains why my hovering finger won't work.... 👆🏼 😂

On 8/13/2019 at 4:32 PM, RayS said:

If I have my pop up blocker turned on in Safari it won't show them either, but with the pop up blocker it does.  I have marked the Adam's Forum and Polishes sites as Trusted so things work as expected.  The pop up blocker in chrome does not affect the mouse over on the Mac or Windows machine.

Pop up blocker has always been OFF.

Still nothing when I hover!!!

Oh well, I'll pretend I'm still in the Air Force and learn a bunch of new acronyms.