Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather Conditioner on Dash and Non-Leather Surfaces

galaxy

Question

So since being here, I learned about using the leather conditioner on everything other than leather. Right now, I'm solely using TID on my interiors. If I wanted to use this, would you guys do a thorough cleaning of the surfaces with leather/upholstery cleaner first? Or has the TID kept it pretty clean and ready? And then once the leather conditioner is down, what do you guys do for touch up jobs? Is using TID on top of the conditioner going to leave different finishes?

10 answers to this question

No need to use the leather cleaner if you've been using the TID regularly.  The leather and upholstery conditioner is fine to use as often as you need to with no harm.  As for the TID on top of the conditioner, I've never tried it so I don't want to say that it's okay. I wouldn't think there would be any harm in it though.  But I would stay with one product or the other myself, and I prefer the Leather Conditioner.  

I would use Leather & Interior Cleaner first, that way the Leather Conditioner can soak in more and leave an even shine/sheen.

Think of it like apply sealant, you wouldn't want to apply sealant over wax because it wouldn't bond to the paint.

Edited by Kingsford

Rich...I think I saw where you or someone mentioned the leather condition has mild cleaners anyways??

Yes it does.  I rarely use the cleaner.  And the conditioner has good sun protection as well so it's really good for dashes. 

I'm still debating...currently love how TID leaves the appearance of my dash/panels.  

Same here....first time using the conditioner on my dash and doors.  For some reason, I feel like it looks more even than the TID but the might be due to the fact that it was done after using the cleaner which was not the case when I first used the TID.

Leather Conditioner left too much shine/sheen on the dash for me, so I stick with TID there.  I use Leather Conditioner everywhere else, however, since I love the smell.  

Edited by Norton

I use the Leather Conditioner on my dash top as well as the door panel tops and A pillars, basically everything that sees the sun all the time. The rest I have come to like the TID on so use both? I dont find the need for TID over the Leather Conditioner as it does not leave it too shiny or glossy. As for should you use the cleaner, In most cases I would say no but it cant hurt to do a quick clean with it, you might be surprised how much stuff it pulls off of the surfaces. I have impressed many people that have kids by cleaning a door panel for them, but only 1 door panel lol. 

Leather Conditioner left too much shine/sheen on the dash for me, so I stick with TID there.  I use Leather Conditioner everywhere else, however, since I love the smell.  

I am with you on the shine, but lately I've found that once its somewhat dry to the touch, you can go back with a clean dry towel and buff it down to a nice satin sheen.  Which seems to look best on these newer interiors.  If you haven't give that a shot.  It also helps to get all panels to match better because it seems the different materials soak the conditioner up differently.