Customer Service 866.965.0400

Adams Swirl Killer getting rid of yellow dots

pogipogi

Question

New to the forums here but have a questions regarding adams swirl killer. I normally pay someone to buff my truck but thinking about getting a swirl killer. I just want to know if it can take off the small little yellow dots that I have all over my truck due to snow removal here in Utah. I know a clay bar takes on the dots but that can take awhile to do. I don't want to spend the money if it doesn't.

Thanks,

Steve

3 answers to this question

Hi Steve,

If you're referring to the small dots of iron contamination that can show up on light colored vehicle like white and silver, try our our Wheel Cleaner diluted 50% with water (distilled water preferably), and it should help take care of that contamination pretty easy for you. Check out our video here:

Just make sure not to let the Wheel Cleaner dry onto any surfaces, and rinse it extremely well afterward with a strong water stream from your hose!

Agree with both. I get them. From what I've researched, it's the salt from winter roads mixing with the iron from your brakes and any other ferrous material on your truck or the environment. I'm completely convinced it's your own brakes because I went from organic/ceramic brake pads to semi-metallic and that's when I started getting the spots. But anyway....

These dots are basically iron and rust. You DO NOT want to polish them away. Albeit extremely small (almost micronuc). They are still contaminants that can get in the pad. I HIGHLY recommend both steps; the wheel cleaner (or some "other brand" of iron removing product) AND clay bar. Ironically, these are steps I feel you should be doing anyways if you're getting ready to polish.