Customer Service 866.965.0400

Another Ceramic question

noquarter

Question

Hello,

Sorry for all the ceramic questions but I just want to get a better understanding of it.

I was wondering if you can ceramic coat harder plastic (and which you would use).   The rear brake and valence on my car is all hard formed plastic (clear with a dark  background to make it look black).   It would be similar to the kind of plastic head lights are made of.

The question is

a. Should you coat it at all?

b. If so would you use Trim or Paint coating given it is much harder than the soft plastic on regular trim?

Thanks!

post-12471-0-98056600-1490706060.jpg

8 answers to this question

Depends, is it painted plastic or bare plastic.  If its bare, trim coating, if its painted then paint coating.  

I don't believe its painted but I will double check.  I think the backing is black and the plastic is clear giving it the illusion its painted black.

The way I understood it, is if it's rubber or textured plastic, use trim coating.

If it's smooth, use paint coating.

It is smooth.. Like Lexan.   That was my thought as well but would like to get Adams take if possible since these conflict.  

Dustin is correct. 

Smooth, glossy plastic like piano black door pillars or that Challenger rear valance = Ceramic Paint Coating

Textured plastic like wiper cowls, some side mirrors, Jeep fender flares, etc = Ceramic Trim Coating

Awesome!  Thanks man