Customer Service 866.965.0400

Correcting paint around emblems?

Ls1transam

Question

10 answers to this question

Removing the emblems can cause potentially more damage plus having to get new adhesive backing, so I tape them off and very carefully polish around them. Use an orange or blue hex hand grip applicator for very tight areas if the Swirl Killer Mini won't fit. The other option would be a Rupes iBrid Nano polisher - it's an incredibly versatile machine, but has a fairly substantial price tag for the kit. 

Removing the emblems can cause potentially more damage plus having to get new adhesive backing, so I tape them off and very carefully polish around them. Use an orange or blue hex hand grip applicator for very tight areas if the Swirl Killer Mini won't fit. The other option would be a Rupes iBrid Nano polisher - it's an incredibly versatile machine, but has a fairly substantial price tag for the kit.

Thanks. That's pretty much what I needed to know. I've always wondered what people do to get around them.

I always use a microfiber towel (not super plush) and I'll put some compound or polish on it. I'll use my finger and get the little space in the emblem and around it that I can't get with my polishers. That's just something I do but everyone has something that works for them.

I always use a microfiber towel (not super plush) and I'll put some compound or polish on it. I'll use my finger and get the little space in the emblem and around it that I can't get with my polishers. That's just something I do but everyone has something that works for them.

I've heard of that, thanks.